about ninja theory

#1raddys2001Posted 4/11/2012 12:43:18 PM
They are actually pretty good and made great games like Journey to the West and
Heavenly Sword. Journey to the West had great voice acting and a good story despite the fighting mechanics where a little flaw. But on Lost Planet that game develpment team has not exactly produced great games.
#2raddys2001(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2012 12:45:00 PM
Sorry I meant Enslaved Journey West.
#3PostalDudesHerePosted 4/11/2012 8:07:35 PM
agreed. I've found nothing wrong with ninja theory and I don't understand all the hate. from everything I've seen on this game it looks like it'll be right up there with the other DMC games. can't wait.
---
bet you didn't think you'd die today, did you?
#4CyricsServantPosted 4/14/2012 2:31:09 PM
I love the DMC games.
I love Ninja theory two. The two aforementioned games are friggin awesome, and I'd take Heavenly Guardian over DMC4 any day of the week.

That being said... it's hard to get excited for a reboot... especially when the series getting rebooted was only created last gen and has a current gen entry.

I'm not fuming mad or anything, but DMC will probably be a used or bargain bin buy for me. Shame.
---
You sound like republican cowboy, "i hate you opinion on zelda, i shoot you." - TyrantSandwich
#5RichterB17Posted 4/17/2012 10:48:59 PM
PostalDudesHere posted...
agreed. I've found nothing wrong with ninja theory and I don't understand all the hate. from everything I've seen on this game it looks like it'll be right up there with the other DMC games. can't wait.

Really dude you don't understand. These people are not good with action games. They just aren't. DMC games have fantastic action in it and the combat was made by people who aren't just average developers they were some of the best.

The gameplay looks mediocre, the graphics look bad, the back story sounds terrible, they are ripping off movies like They Live without even admitting it, and doesn't resemble DMC at all.

Also Tameem dug a hole he can't get out of. Him and Alex Jones have insulted the fans to the point they don't want anything to do with this game. Tameem saying that he didn't care about what the fans said really pissed people off. People also don't like the fact he has been so hypocritical since this games production. He says he doesn't care yet he changes Dante's face multiple times just to appease fans. He promised a mature and sophisticated story yet we get naked Dante with Austin Powers gags and demon orphanages. Tameem is an arrogant ass and because of his actions he is being hated on and will continue to be hated on and laughed at if this game fails. He will be the Hayashi-san of the West.
---
eff a dawg!!!!!!!
#6Cmac4Posted 4/18/2012 3:14:28 AM
PostalDudesHere posted...

Did you even play the other DMC games? If you have, how can you watch the game play videos and actually say it looks anything like DMC it doesn't look terrible but it certainly doesn't look like it even comes close to the game play in 1,3 and 4...FYI I'm talking entirely about the fighting itself not the art style or how Dante looks.
---
I was going to say the cake is a lie, then I took an arrow to the knee...Then I ate some oranges and everything was k.
#7wwinterj25Posted 4/18/2012 1:40:46 PM
Heavenly Sword is the only game I've played and own by NT. Not a bad game if I'm honest. Sure it's not the best but I did enjoy it.

I think I'll feel the same way about DMC. It goes without saying the Devil May Cry games of last gen(possibly even Devil May Cry 2) and Devil May Cry 4 will be better than this but that doesn't mean I won't enjoy it.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj add me :D
#8PrimalSeptimusPosted 4/26/2012 8:18:36 PM
Sup. PS3 owner here. Heavenly Sword blew chunks.
#9little_whiskersPosted 4/27/2012 2:26:45 AM
although heavenly sword's combat was kinda meh to me, it was a very fun game (as a bargain bin, nothing more). Obviously god of war games are a lot better than heavenly sword, but i did enjoy the story and everything. hell, i would even like a sequel
---
PSN: pillowpants41.Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
#10drud603Posted 4/27/2012 9:22:18 PM
we havent even seen much of the game yet. the gameplay videos they showed us may have been from the very first level since he is fighting puppet things, just like in the beginning of other dmc games. what the creator meant by more mature story line was probably that were going to see a darker side to dante.
from past dmc games we never knew much about dante besides small details. already from the videos we can feel a different vibe coming from dante, possibly one that can be explored more than the previous dante. again though, we havent seen much so have some faith.
if its anything like bayonetta then it will be worth ur time.