Vergil's potential.

#1Ross_the_ReaperPosted 1/30/2013 3:03:40 PM
Vergil seemingly has had white hair his whole life, whereas Dante hasn't until he unlocked his Devil Trigger. Is that an indicator that Vergil was able to unlock his pre-DmC? Or perhaps he was born with the ability? Also, despite Vergil being the "mastermind" of the two, Vergil seems to have a lot of natural talent, including combat. I'm not saying that he's stronger than Dante, but that his potential is greater: being able to access devil trigger ability without full activating it, teleporting, etc. Thoughts?
---
GT: El Ouroboros, Games: MK9: Sub-Zero (Tag :SZ+Kabal); MvC3: Spiderman, C. Viper, and Ironman.
#2reddead98Posted 1/30/2013 3:12:34 PM
Personally I think vergil had brown hair like dante, however his hair turned white because he had mastered dt. However dantes premuture dt is still stronger than vergils mastered dt.
---
Maybe somewhere out there even a devil may cry when he loses a loved one, dont you dont you think
#3Ross_the_Reaper(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 3:20:48 PM(edited)
I don't think we've seen the full extent of Vergil's DT. Honestly, I don't even think Vergil fought with the intention off killing Dante. I feel he's a lot more powerful then he lets people believe. I guess we won't know for sure until DmC2 comes out. Or Vergil's downfall DLC.
---
GT: El Ouroboros, Games: MK9: Sub-Zero (Tag :SZ+Kabal); MvC3: Spiderman, C. Viper, and Ironman.
#4WingZero0782Posted 1/30/2013 3:24:59 PM
He had white pre DmC as he had white hair in the comic, he found out about his real family long before Dante and so he somehow gained his DT.
---
Currently Playing: who the **** cares.
DCUO Name: Techno Knight, Level: 30, Server: Crossfire, League: TheGothamKnights.
#5lihimsidhePosted 1/31/2013 3:23:20 AM
How is the Vergil comic?

I also wondered about the white hair relating to Dante and Vergil.

In Dante's case his hair started to turn white once he accessed his DT. This implies that the more Dante taps into his demonic heritage, the more his hair will turn white.

The same logic would mean that Vergil had access to his DT from a very young age and even so was outclassed by Dante who had not even come close to even realizing he had a DT.

This could be true as Dante is the main character of the game. Him being that powerful would fit but at the same time it doesn't make sense.

This is pure speculation but I think that Vergil has accessed his Angel Trigger or was born predisposed to it.

Up until his fight with Dante Vergil acted like he was defenseless and barely made any use of his metanatural abilities. If someone can make sense out of this behavior perhaps we can come closer to guessing Vergil's true potential.
---
lihimsidhe.com - current focus: devil may cry
#6WingZero0782Posted 1/31/2013 4:17:55 AM
lihimsidhe posted...
How is the Vergil comic?

In Dante's case his hair started to turn white once he accessed his DT. This implies that the more Dante taps into his demonic heritage, the more his hair will turn white.

The same logic would mean that Vergil had access to his DT from a very young age and even so was outclassed by Dante who had not even come close to even realizing he had a DT.

This could be true as Dante is the main character of the game. Him being that powerful would fit but at the same time it doesn't make sense.

This is pure speculation but I think that Vergil has accessed his Angel Trigger or was born predisposed to it.

Up until his fight with Dante Vergil acted like he was defenseless and barely made any use of his metanatural abilities. If someone can make sense out of this behavior perhaps we can come closer to guessing Vergil's true potential.

It's ok, only issue 1 is out and it's digital only, it's about how Vergil met Kat and he sends her to find Dante.

Vergil already having his DT and abilities is pretty much like his DMC3 counterpart, he had his DT long before Dante, and during their fight Dante activated his, Dante started out weaker than Vergil in both series but eventually surpasses him.

Dante had a rough upbringing, he was in orphanages ran by demons and he was eventually sent to a demon ran prison where he was beaten up by demons.

Vergil on the other hand had a great upbringing, he was adopted by a rich family and he learned how to hack as the computer was his only friend.

I know how Dante got possession of the Rebellion but I don't why Mundus didn't know about Vergil and when and how Vergil got possession of the Yamato (unless he regained his memories naturally).
---
DCUO Name: Techno Knight, Level: 30, Server: Crossfire, League: TheGothamKnights.
#7Ross_the_Reaper(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 5:52:26 AM
WingZero0782 posted...
lihimsidhe posted...
How is the Vergil comic?

It's ok, only issue 1 is out and it's digital only, it's about how Vergil met Kat and he sends her to find Dante.

Vergil already having his DT and abilities is pretty much like his DMC3 counterpart, he had his DT long before Dante, and during their fight Dante activated his, Dante started out weaker than Vergil in both series but eventually surpasses him.

Dante had a rough upbringing, he was in orphanages ran by demons and he was eventually sent to a demon ran prison where he was beaten up by demons.

Vergil on the other hand had a great upbringing, he was adopted by a rich family and he learned how to hack as the computer was his only friend.

I know how Dante got possession of the Rebellion but I don't why Mundus didn't know about Vergil and when and how Vergil got possession of the Yamato (unless he regained his memories naturally).
I believe the swords are attached to them via the spell on their backs. They can summon the swords at anytime. I'd assume that Sparda made the spells, entrusting them the swords before his capture, and wiped their memories. If you look closely on Dante's back, you can see rebellion imprinted in the symbol. Vergil has a similar one which you can see on the graffiti walls in the cut-scene where Vergil talk about their history.
---
#8WingZero0782Posted 1/31/2013 8:06:47 AM
In a way you're right, they're tattoos which I believe are imbued with Sparda & Eva's power, Sparda visited Dante in his head when he was being beaten up and somehow gave Dante the Rebellion to fight off the demons.

How he got the Rebellion is in the comic.
---
#9BBBanks03Posted 1/31/2013 10:38:13 AM
This might just be me, but I kind of got the sense in this game that things are leading to Vergil actually being the stronger of the two and surpassing Dante in this universe. I know Vergil discovered his DT sooner but that very likely could have been from him discovering his past and his own powers earlier than his brother. The telling of the story in the game seems to kind of portray the two as Dante being the tough fighter and Vergil being the booksmart hacker guy, it wasn’t even until the very end of the game that Vergil gives any indication he even knows HOW to fight. Even the way the final battle played out to me seemed to convey the sense that Vergil didn’t have a chance against Dante.

And given that fiction always likes to go the underdog route and tell stories of the weaker guy eventually besting his stronger rival (the whole David and Goliath thing), I wouldn’t be surprised to see Vergil start to pursue more power and actually become stronger than Dante in the world of the story. The previous DMCs always portrayed Dante as the stronger of the two since DMC3; this would be an interesting way of turning things around.
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.
#10lihimsidhePosted 1/31/2013 11:01:43 AM
All interesting points. This is just a tad off topic but I'd like to point it out.

In the 'Vergil's Downfall' trailer you will notice a short scene that shows a huge beating heart floating above a platform. Nothing about it is explained.

*SPOILERS*

In the final fight with Mundus, if you look closely amid his glowing blue veins, on the center of his chest is a huge glowing heart.

*END SPOILERS*

In the original DMC series, Vergil sought to defeat Mundus, Mundus defeated Vergil, and ended up enslaving him physically, mentally, and spiritually (see: OWNED).

I'm guessing that Vergil's Downfall will be about Vergil attempting to gain the remnants of Mundus's power and it doesn't turn out good for Vergil at all.

Ninja Theory's reasoning behind starting Dante out without his white hair was to tell a 'coming of age' tale. Similar to how Spider-Man got his mask, DmC tells how Dante got his trademark looks. In that way DmC=DMC3 both being origin tales.

If that's true then DmC2 would be the equivalent of DMC1. Just some thoughts

Now this could all be completely wrong mind you but I just wanted to share.

On topic... could it really be that despite Vergil having come to realize his abilities sooner that he just didn't train them that well? That he really DID focus all his energy into hacking? (I mean how many times did he say the word 'server' in the game?).

All in all I was saddened by the split between Dante and Vergil at the end... which was the whole point. Kudos Ninja Theory.

"I really loved you brother."
---
lihimsidhe.com - current focus: devil may cry