So why is the game selling (relatively) poorly?

#21DrLight66Posted 2/6/2013 10:43:23 PM
Because the game is an embarrassing bastardization of the DMC series. There's your answer.
#22GalvatronType_RPosted 2/7/2013 12:26:42 PM
Another reason is that smart consumers are onto Capcom's game.

They are reasonably certain (and history backs this up) that Capcom will release a Super Mega Hyper Combo Gold Turbo Wasabi Sushi Kamikaze Sayonara Skyhook edition in a few months for $40 with all the "DLC" included.

Why should ANYONE buy the first edition of ANY Capcom game? It's a waste.
#23LilRoss2k3Posted 2/7/2013 7:27:57 PM
talk about us "antis" (which i am one) all you want...but the main reason we are not buying this game is because no one asked for a reboot and in the process of voicing concern we were mocked and talked to like unimportant trash by the developers. THAT was the turning point.
---
PSN ID-SouthShallRise-Check my YouTube for Tekken, SF, CoD, & more.
youtube.com/user/lilross2k6
#24deadpool223Posted 2/7/2013 8:35:50 PM
the ps3 boards are saying its a flop with awful sales, /v/ thinks they single handedly murdered the game.

truth is it sold alright.

also, sir above me, you are. we all are.
---
honk HONK honk HONK http://i.imgur.com/NztEG.gif. :33 < fus ro paw,
#25Shynforce1984Posted 2/7/2013 10:04:46 PM
First off it's selling badly cus ninja theory is horrible, 2nd the real die hard DMC fans can't support this so called DMC. We been moved on once the main guy left capcom "and then went to make Bayonetta which is just the next level of what DMC could of been". Don't be fooled by the reviews or any reviews for that matter they get paid off to give good ratings for certain games if you don't believe me then you haven't done your homework. The real DMC fans are waiting for Bayonetta 2 this is just a throw in the trash action game that most casuals will like since they can actually beat it and pull off so called "amazing combos". I'm sorry i just can't forgive capcom for doing DMC dirty like that and no I'm not just talking about his horrible look I'm talking about the story and gameplay what made DMC1-3 dope is that you and I would do totally different combos or it would be stuff that only certain people can pull off etc. Again i got over this horrible game when it first got announce I'm just glad Nintendo saved plat games from going bankrupt and i can play Bayonetta 2 lets just hope Nintendo don't try no dumb crap making plat games do some gimmick crap just let them work.
---
GamerTag:xXShYn730XxAIM:ShynForce1984Playing:Tales of Graces f/Rebirth Bayonetta KH:BBS/3D Rayman Origins SSX UMvC3 SuperRobotExceed Sonic Transformed Gears3
#26Autofire2Posted 2/8/2013 2:35:28 AM
I posted my impressions after finishing on this board, it should still be page one.

Basically, its a really good game. The only real problem I have with it is that Nephalim difficulty realllllyl should have been harder. I mean, honestly.

Other than that, its got good combat, great platforming, brilliant level design, and a fresh story that's well told. I'm sorry, I'm a DMC1 fan and a HUGE DMC3 fan but anyone saying those games had any kind of story doesn't understand what they're talking about. They probably mean they prefer the gothic atmosphere. That's subjective; I actually prefer DmC's super-slick, super stylized look. But DmC is the first in the series to attempt a story and it does it quite well.

anyway, definitely worth checking out. I don't know if ill be into this game long enough to finish DMD. It's not quite as good as Bayo/DMC3/NGB but it is REALLY good.
---
Duncan MacLeod: There can be only one.
#27PWAJlMMYPosted 2/8/2013 11:23:02 PM
Shynforce1984 posted...
First off it's selling badly cus ninja theory is horrible, 2nd the real die hard DMC fans can't support this so called DMC. We been moved on once the main guy left capcom "and then went to make Bayonetta which is just the next level of what DMC could of been". Don't be fooled by the reviews or any reviews for that matter they get paid off to give good ratings for certain games if you don't believe me then you haven't done your homework. The real DMC fans are waiting for Bayonetta 2 this is just a throw in the trash action game that most casuals will like since they can actually beat it and pull off so called "amazing combos". I'm sorry i just can't forgive capcom for doing DMC dirty like that and no I'm not just talking about his horrible look I'm talking about the story and gameplay what made DMC1-3 dope is that you and I would do totally different combos or it would be stuff that only certain people can pull off etc. Again i got over this horrible game when it first got announce I'm just glad Nintendo saved plat games from going bankrupt and i can play Bayonetta 2 lets just hope Nintendo don't try no dumb crap making plat games do some gimmick crap just let them work.

I am at an absolute loss as to how one person can be this stupid
---
The legalisation of ****sexual marriage. It created a slippery slope until the zombies showed up. Read...your...Bibles...-Nafzger
#28Run_2_the_HillsPosted 2/9/2013 8:23:04 AM
simple. it failed to draw in new people and lost a bunch of regular DMC people.
#29doug123Posted 2/10/2013 4:35:39 PM
They didn't stagger the PC release which was a terrible decision. It's near the end of the console life cycles so nearly everyone has a PC that can handle console ports, and pirating is at an all time high. I'm sure they lost a massive portion of sales to people pirating it on PC instead of buying it on their console.

The PC release should have been a month or two after the consoles.
#30IamthekuzalolPosted 2/11/2013 9:18:19 PM
This series never needed a reboot in the first place and people felt that a third-rate studio wasn't worthy enough to carry on the legacy of our beloved series, etc . In short, this game is just a joke.