What does going back to the roots of RE really mean?

#1docman864Posted 1/19/2012 7:43:28 PM
IMO, every RE were never the same to me, so what does it really mean? What defines the series? Was RE always about survival horror? so yea, feel free to share your thoughts or suggestions here.
#2Hewie3Posted 1/19/2012 7:47:10 PM

It means Capcom once again scrapped what they said they'd do. Nevertheless, the game looks great so I'm satisfied.

#3Doom_InfinitePosted 1/19/2012 7:53:02 PM
It means they're finally gonna get down to business.
---
I am yours to command, point out our foes and step out of my way. - Adam, Shining Force
#4mursamaPosted 1/19/2012 7:54:47 PM
for me the roots of RE
would be resident evil remake on gamecube

THAT! was surival horror, a game that you had to SURVIVE rather then blowing everything to bits with more than enough weapons and ammo to create a personal war.

horror was when the zombies would come back alive, making the zombie noises, hard to kill and limited ammo in narrow spaces.

nowadays RE is meh, i get enough action from uncharted
---
Internet, the home of the sportsmen, martial artists, muscians, entrepeneurs and economists we never see
#5JunDagekiPosted 1/19/2012 8:01:58 PM
RE1, 2, 3 those are the roots. where it was all about zombies everywhere and disgusting deformed creatures, not the uroboros crap which is probably inspired by Chef Boyardee.
---
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
#6docman864(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2012 8:02:31 PM
@mursama

I get your point, but did you also have fun with the game? I always felt the need to go back and beat the game multiple times. It's usually scary the first time around, but then it becomes more fun and more along of an action game. I mean, I did enjoy blowing the zombies on my second playthrough.
#7docman864(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2012 8:08:55 PM
@JunDageki

so...you're saying that you prefer the infected from RE 1 -3 over uroboros.
#8EnigmaDurzoPosted 1/19/2012 9:08:49 PM
Lowering the ammo would be great. Making the game darker as in lighting and visibility is a good plus. Make the enemies fast would be a nice twist. Enhance the sound quality of growling, grunting, oozing and all that jazz can help. Allow random zombie revival would be a nice twist as well. Then to top it all off make it so giant B.O.W.'s with massive health attack at random points of the game forcing you to run and leave the area or hide.

To me that would be a survival game and RE at a prime.
---
"Whats the point of this again?'
#9JunDagekiPosted 1/19/2012 9:15:44 PM

@JunDageki

so...you're saying that you prefer the infected from RE 1 -3 over uroboros.

Of course.
---
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
#10the_requiemPosted 1/19/2012 9:17:00 PM
To me, going back to roots in RE6 trailer meant taking elements from every game.

RE1: That President Zombie.
RE2: Leon in Raccoon City type setting, Hulk. Think Ada will show up too.
RE3: Hulking Nemesis type enemy [which was kinda in RE4 and RE5, only not persistent throughout the game]
RE4: Krauser type merc frenemy.
RE5: Co-op. Wesker type enemy [well, Krauser was that too], mix of classic and new BOWs.
---
Playing Borderlands GOTY: Lilith-66-PT2.5, Roland-15, Mordecai-11, Brick-7.