Resident Evil 6 made for CoD players...

#21Doom_InfinitePosted 1/20/2012 10:16:05 AM
Goldsickle posted...
Our dream is to alienate all the fans who have been supporting out series for over 15 years is what he should have said.
Alienating?

I've been with the series since 1996, playing all of the canon title in release order (except for the GC exclusive titles).
As a veteran fan, I see all this as a much needed evolution and very relevant to my interests.

Not all veterans of the series feel 'alienated'.

I couldn't have said it any better. I felt 5 was a real let down but I never felt alienated, 4 was a masterpiece of huge proportions, despite being a fan since 1997.
---
I am yours to command, point out our foes and step out of my way. - Adam, Shining Force
#22Spade59Posted 1/20/2012 1:05:13 PM
The people in the comments section there have it right.

All of these titles are morphing into the same game, losing their individuality. Hollywood action sequences, head shots and military bull****.
#23NassaDanePosted 1/20/2012 1:10:42 PM
Yeah I'm getting sick of that. Little to No game should play the same yet here we have almost every game copying 3 or so games that are popular.
---
"Ignorance is Bliss"
#24GoldsicklePosted 1/20/2012 3:12:18 PM

All of these titles are morphing into the same game, losing their individuality.

That's pure exaggeration.

Just because a bunch of games adopt similar mechanics does not make it 100% the same and there will always be enough traits to keep them apart.

Metal Gear Solid 4, Silent Hill: Homecoming & Dead Space uses the same dual-analog shooting mechanic but there's still a lot that sets these games apart.

Since Resident Evil 6 involves monsters, I'm pretty sure there will be some unique strategies required to combat them, like how they came up with using Flash Grenades to destroy parasites or luring a monster into an incinerator.
Do you do this in Call Of Duty? Of course not.
Resident Evil 6 will still have a lot to set it apart from other shooters.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#25VegantoKeensPosted 1/20/2012 3:16:59 PM
I don't see the reason why you would still wanna make your game like CoD, a new CoD comes out every year. Those fans already get their fix without any extra games giving the exact same experience.
---
GMT + 1
PSN = William-Lake SS FC = 2194 1693 8198
#26GoldsicklePosted 1/20/2012 3:18:03 PM

I don't see the reason why you would still wanna make your game like CoD, a new CoD comes out every year.

Marketing.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#27params7Posted 1/20/2012 4:39:27 PM
Don't blame this on CoD. Blame Capcom.
---
http://bf3stats.com/stats_ps3/params7
http://i35.tinypic.com/2qd27na.png