What is the difference between RE6 and Operation Raccoon City?

#1Syphon_Filter2Posted 1/21/2012 4:22:32 AM
I just want some more details on that as I couldn't find much info at gamefaqs. Even though I will get both of them. Thanks in advance.
#2Neoprime616Posted 1/21/2012 4:39:49 AM
RE6 is Survival-Action-Horror Game, you can play Third Persion Squad-Based Shooter with Chris, Horror/Stealth with Leon, and Crowd-Based Combat/Melee with Alex Wesker each giving an outlet for you to play.

Operation Raccoon City is a just a Squad-Based Thrid Person Shooter, hope that helps.
#3ElusionM_08Posted 1/21/2012 4:41:25 AM
RE6 is a full-fledged, canon and mainstream RE game pushng the story forward.

ORC is more of a non-canon, arcade style all-shooter multiplayer game.
---
"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on".
PSN: ElusionM
#4Syphon_Filter2(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2012 4:52:42 AM
Neoprime616 posted...
RE6 is Survival-Action-Horror Game, you can play Third Persion Squad-Based Shooter with Chris, Horror/Stealth with Leon, and Crowd-Based Combat/Melee with Alex Wesker each giving an outlet for you to play.

Operation Raccoon City is a just a Squad-Based Thrid Person Shooter, hope that helps.

Oh I got it now thanks alot man.
#5Syphon_Filter2(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2012 4:53:48 AM
ElusionM_08 posted...

Thanks for clearning that out. So, ORC won't have anything to do with story.
#6ElusionM_08Posted 1/21/2012 4:57:28 AM
Other than adding to the storyline that Umbrella mercs were sent to kill survivng members of the Raccoon City incident, no, ORC adds nothing to the storyline as of yet.

But it'll keep us busy until RE6 which comes out November 20.
ORC in March.
---
"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on".
PSN: ElusionM
#7Hero3zizPosted 1/21/2012 4:57:55 AM
Syphon_Filter2 posted...
ElusionM_08 posted...

Thanks for clearning that out. So, ORC won't have anything to do with story.

Yup, it's just a spin off for fun, you play as the bad guys and fight the main characters in that game, while RE6 is the next canon RE game where you play as the main characters of RE.
---
3DS FC: 2535-3675-7160 PSN ID: Elemenalhero
RIP MGS :(
#8Syphon_Filter2(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2012 6:11:51 AM
ElusionM_08 posted...
Other than adding to the storyline that Umbrella mercs were sent to kill survivng members of the Raccoon City incident, no, ORC adds nothing to the storyline as of yet.

ORC in March.

You are right. ORC will keep us bussy until November arrives. Lots of time we have to wait which is not good.
#9Hero3zizPosted 1/21/2012 6:24:09 AM
Syphon_Filter2 posted...
ElusionM_08 posted...

ORC in March.

You are right. ORC will keep us bussy until November arrives. Lots of time we have to wait which is not good.

Are you serious?! RE5 was anounced like 3 years before its release date, and we waited 3 years, and RE4 was anounced in 2001 and it was released for PS2 in 2005, that's 4 years, RE6 was anounced in 2012 and it will be released in 2012, I'm actually very impressed.
---
3DS FC: 2535-3675-7160 PSN ID: Elemenalhero
RIP MGS :(
#10Starwind128Posted 1/21/2012 6:42:04 AM
^ Well to be fair RE4 went through SO many changes during its production so its understandable that it took 4 years to finish. RE5 went through some change as well. Sheva was originally only a minor support character who was only Chris's partner during a short segment of the game. Originally 5 was more of a single player experience.
---
Oh dear. Someone said something that I don't like, they must be trolling.
We all make mistakes, here's your lifeline.