Resident Evil 6 = Call of Duty with zombies

#61dragonballEEEPosted 1/21/2012 11:54:55 AM
You guys are all getting trolled hardcore haha. Do you really think anything you say will change his mind? So, if he's not going to change his mind, that means you're not going to accomplish anything, which means you're wasting your time, which in turn means this was a successful troll attempt on his part.
#62kentuckybobPosted 1/21/2012 12:07:24 PM
Absolutely woeful article OP :( though I needed no convincing after seeing the trailer this is just gonna be another wave after wave, streamlined, corridor shooting, braindead, uninspired bore. If capcom beleives pulling out old characters will please us old school fans, theyre dead wrong.

Its not just RE6, its happening across the board with game companies turning their once unique franchises into the same generic 3rd persno cover shooting crapfest. Im damn SICK of it. Even Skyrim was made with 5 year olds in mind.

If you look at the comments in the article, nearly everyone hates where this series has become and where its going. No longer do we get to discuss with friends where to find that last chess piece, or where the key is for that sub level basement door.. Now its all what gun modifications are best for 1 shotting things. Truly a sad state of affairs.

For the people reacting to the OP as if he's somehow trolling... its honestly people like you that are ruining gaming, and ruining gamefaqs. Please go away and get a clue.
---
"what? no mug of ale for a weary traveller from distant corhagen?"
#63InsaneAlizerPosted 1/21/2012 12:10:29 PM
I think the game looks okay. To all old-school fans out there: we have to admit that the franchise we grew up with is dead (yeah I'm talking about fixed camera, "horrible" controls and jump scares because I loved them). At least it seems that with Leons story we are getting at least a little bit of that old school feeling back. Now if only Chris and Leon have two seperate scenarios the player can freely choose from I will probably be satisfied. I'm only hoping that the game does not switch between the two different styles by itself as you progress through the story.

I was really disapointed by RE5 and (though I know its kinda stupid) I felt insulted by Capcom. I think we long-time fans which bought these games since the beginning and thus made the series SURVIVE until these days do not deserve such disrespect by the company we've been supporting all this time. But on the other hand Capcom is a company that wants to make money (at all cost in Capcoms case) so seeing that they are at least trying to please veterans and newer gamers alike is probably more than we can expect. And besides if I really want to play a good, old fashioned RE game I have no problem replaying RE1 - 3, REmake, RE0 and Code Veronica over and over again. Somehow they never get boring for me. And Umbrella Chronicles is fun too.

And one last thing to all these "Change is always good" people out there (CAREFUL: WIDE GENERALIZATION): Its easy to be positiv about something as long as it going the direction you want it to. But sooner or later FPS will become "stale" as well and who can say for sure what the next big genre will be. Maybe it will be the return of JRPG or the Point-And-Click-Adventure genre (if thats the case I will be more than happy (I want my SNATCHERS-remake for the DS already.)). And I want to see those people not complaining about their precious CoD if it gets turned into some tactical strategy-shooter-RPG hybrid.

I think I'm loosing the point now which is that RE6 might be a game that can please both sides. Lets just hope that Capcom does not screw it up.
#64LazyyAmericanPosted 1/21/2012 1:31:59 PM
Bah...apparently it's not possible to like the new direction but also appreciate the older games *shrugs*
---
"Only the badasses should use the elevator" account of a survivor during a zombie apocalypse
#65LeonSK357Posted 1/21/2012 1:34:48 PM
dragonballEEE posted...
You guys are all getting trolled hardcore haha. Do you really think anything you say will change his mind? So, if he's not going to change his mind, that means you're not going to accomplish anything, which means you're wasting your time, which in turn means this was a successful troll attempt on his part.

OR! It just means that we need some f***ing entertainment till the next trailer. Watching him try so very hard helps kill time :P
---
I love this... This is what I live for... And I'm absolutely crazy about it!
PSN: Leon50ae / GT: Reikan Ai
#66hakanakumonoPosted 1/21/2012 1:41:12 PM

InsaneAlizer posted...
I think the game looks okay. To all old-school fans out there: we have to admit that the franchise we grew up with is dead (yeah I'm talking about fixed camera, "horrible" controls and jump scares because I loved them). At least it seems that with Leons story we are getting at least a little bit of that old school feeling back. Now if only Chris and Leon have two seperate scenarios the player can freely choose from I will probably be satisfied. I'm only hoping that the game does not switch between the two different styles by itself as you progress through the story.

I was really disapointed by RE5 and (though I know its kinda stupid) I felt insulted by Capcom. I think we long-time fans which bought these games since the beginning and thus made the series SURVIVE until these days do not deserve such disrespect by the company we've been supporting all this time. But on the other hand Capcom is a company that wants to make money (at all cost in Capcoms case) so seeing that they are at least trying to please veterans and newer gamers alike is probably more than we can expect. And besides if I really want to play a good, old fashioned RE game I have no problem replaying RE1 - 3, REmake, RE0 and Code Veronica over and over again. Somehow they never get boring for me. And Umbrella Chronicles is fun too.

And one last thing to all these "Change is always good" people out there (CAREFUL: WIDE GENERALIZATION): Its easy to be positiv about something as long as it going the direction you want it to. But sooner or later FPS will become "stale" as well and who can say for sure what the next big genre will be. Maybe it will be the return of JRPG or the Point-And-Click-Adventure genre (if thats the case I will be more than happy (I want my SNATCHERS-remake for the DS already.)). And I want to see those people not complaining about their precious CoD if it gets turned into some tactical strategy-shooter-RPG hybrid.

I think I'm loosing the point now which is that RE6 might be a game that can please both sides. Lets just hope that Capcom does not screw it up.

We'll see how it goes, but the bulkl of the trailer seemed to focus on the action. It seemed more like a situation of it being by and large a straight up action game, with some of that action being reminiscent of the original games. I don't think this will be a situation of both sides being treated equally.

Capcom is better off just separating the series into two parts. Revelations will probably please old fans more, but I haven't played it yet.

#67_krat0s_Posted 1/21/2012 1:42:35 PM
Dmario14 posted...
kangaox posted...
Ima have to stay off these forums, narrow minded, ignorant kids like you are, as ive stated, too much to read.

Why do you need to be condescending if not for your lack of ability to make an argument?

I am still waiting for someone to make a legitimate case for this game.

Annndd... i give a damn about what you want...because?
---
psn-MoarNoodlesPreez Official Quan-Chi and Cyber SZ Champ
#68_krat0s_Posted 1/21/2012 1:47:26 PM
Dmario14 posted...
I don't even care about CoD. Capcom brought up the franchise. I'm not even claiming that RE6 will be bad. Again, my issue with the game is the lack of horror. I perceive RE6 to be some kind of hybrid between RE4 and RE5. That is why I'm complaining. You can have an action based game that tries to scare its gamers. Just look at Dead Space. But RE6 does not even seem to do that. Capcom has massively rebuilt the series to the point that there are very few, if any, horror elements left in the game.

Dead Space 1&2 was as scary as a mime playing the violin to me
---
psn-MoarNoodlesPreez Official Quan-Chi and Cyber SZ Champ