Do you think Chris is selfish?

#1cuttin_in_townPosted 1/21/2012 11:15:24 AM
In the trailer, the soldier guy is talking about how Chris' personal agenda won't get them anywhere.

In CV, he was ready to pack up and leave once he found Claire. Totally ignoring the whole Alexia thing.

In RE5, he was ready to pack up and leave AGAIN when he found Jill. Jill had to convince him to stop Wesker, as he replied against a "Millions of people will die," with a "Well, yea, but-".

Dunno if selfish is the right word, but do you think Chris is kinda.....umm, can't think of a word. He just seems like the type of guy that would save his friend, and not a hundred strangers, rather the other way around.
---
Official #1 Survivor fan in my city.
Tron Bonne: Queen of UMvC3.
#2Yuji KaidoPosted 1/21/2012 11:17:06 AM
Always thought of him as a jock with Jill as his cheerleader. RE5 didn't help alleviate this stigma.
---
"Listen, kid. Don't piss me off." -Cloud teaching limit breaks, FF7
Sazh - Racist caricature and worst FF character ever. Don't agree ? Your problem.
#3shaka de virgemPosted 1/21/2012 11:37:37 AM
if he was completely selfish,he wouldn't have gone to Russia with Jill to give a finish blow on Umbrella,would he?
---
Kyubey:"make a contract with and I will gran-"
Wolverine:"Go **** yourself " *Kyubey walks away immediately*
#4Point_5Posted 1/21/2012 11:41:08 AM
Yes Chris is selfish it makes Chris seem more human in a psychological sense (even though he did some inhuman things in the game). He's just a man with an agenda to save the girl. He goes in does his thing and tries to get out asap.
#5ayalorenPosted 1/21/2012 11:42:39 AM
Nah, he's just not very bright. I love how he's portrayed in Residential Files.
#6JunDagekiPosted 1/21/2012 11:44:09 AM

if he was completely selfish,he wouldn't have gone to Russia with Jill to give a finish blow on Umbrella,would he?

That's his job...
---
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
#7cuttin_in_town(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2012 11:44:22 AM
I guess it does make him seem more human. I always saw him as the cliché "Hero".
---
Official #1 Survivor fan in my city.
Tron Bonne: Queen of UMvC3.
#8LilCrimsonNemoPosted 1/21/2012 11:49:27 AM
He only wants to save Claire, Jill or whoever, once he finds and rescues em he is like let's GTFO!
Once the person he cares about or loves is safe, he wants to go home and take a long nap.
---
(PSN: CrimsonNemo) http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/CrimsonNemo
Uncharted 3 Beta massive spawning glitch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFXna1AKWZc
#9DarksideHazuki84Posted 1/21/2012 11:49:32 AM
This is a character that's defined himself in the RE series as fighting for his comrades to the last breathe and always preserving life, and you think he's selfish? Hell, even in Marvel vs Capcom 3 his quotes are "No one's dying on my watch" and "I'll be damned before I lose another partner."

And anytime someone said to Chris "no, we can't leave yet" he has stayed to finish the fight. The man finishes everything when he's put up to the challenge even against all odds, and the entire time he does so he remains objective-based, never gets cocky and never quits. That's what makes him a great character, or just better than Leon.
---
"Say what? It's no fluke; this is why I'm here every year!" -Terry [KoF 98]
REO: Stick_Breitling MGO:Gabe LOGAN
#10MMX377Posted 1/21/2012 11:50:39 AM
cuttin_in_town posted...
I guess it does make him seem more human. I always saw him as the cliché "Hero".

That made him an unselfish hero.
---
"Get up!! Show me your true power!" Ryu's victory in SF3