Are Capcom trying to appeal to both sets of fans with RE6?

#1MRrePosted 1/22/2012 3:26:15 AM
After watching the trailer does anyone else feel like capcom are splitting this game into 2 (maybe 3) games. for eg. we see Leon in a very scary horror-esque game type (very dark, zombies etc.) much like the original 3 games. we even hear Leon say "This is Raccoon City all over again"

but we then see Chris and Chris's section reminded me much more of RE4 and RE5's game type (less horror more action) fighting against human or ganado like monsters.

so to me it seems like capcom have split the game into at least two sections one section being classic horror Raccoon city style and the other section being fast paced action RE4, RE5 style to attempt to keep both sets of fans happy.

There may even be a 3rd style with "the other guy" (the guy that maybe be Alex or maybe HUNK etc. but until we know i think we should refer to him as "The other guy") his section reminded me off RE3 when nemesis chases you and maybe this is a 3rd style of play filled with allot of QTE.
---
Enter the survival horror...
#2truefirechampPosted 1/22/2012 3:30:10 AM
Maybe, so that they can sell more? and at least shut (some) of the whiners up? :D

oh and Should be "IS" not "ARE"
---
"King? Yeah, here's your crown."
#3MRre(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2012 3:31:36 AM
yeah English has never been my strong point
---
Enter the survival horror...
#4Mitsuhide11Posted 1/22/2012 3:34:55 AM
Not just in RE6, but with everything they're releasing.

RE6 Leon Horror, Chris Action + More

RE Revelations - Horror

RE Op Raccoon - Action Shooter

Re Movies - $$$

So I'd definitely say yes...