Resident Evil 4, Why did everything go bad after you?

#1Arken101Posted 1/23/2012 10:55:59 PM
Topic.
---
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d118/tirkaro/heshallreturn.gif
Official Jin Saotome of the MvC3 Boards
#2ElusionM_08Posted 1/23/2012 10:59:11 PM(edited)
Yes, Resident Evil 4, why did you kill Leon's character and the spirit of RE?

Oh and, why is Shinji Mikami's head still on his shoulders? He promised to chainsaw it off if you were ported to PS2.
---
"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on".
PSN: ElusionM
#3Sombrero_ShadowPosted 1/23/2012 11:00:02 PM
Resident Evil 4 is a good game, but receives the back-end of hate because it 'changed things.'
---
Only if you pay me.
#4ElusionM_08Posted 1/23/2012 11:00:53 PM
RE4 is not a good game.

Its a GREAT game.

But not a great "RE" game. Just...game.
---
"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on".
#5Arken101(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2012 11:06:33 PM
ElusionM_08 posted...
RE4 is not a good game.

Its a GREAT game.

Yeah definitely, I personally enjoyed the changes to Leon myself, and I enjoyed that they made a Great game with a fantastic atmosphere, great flow, ingratiating story and good gameplay. They took everything they did right with RE4 and threw that away when they made RE5, and now RE6 looks more like Gears of War than a Resident Evil game. I guess I lost hope in Capcom a long time ago, but somehow I had some little glimmer left that one day they would realize, someday maybe they would see that RE4 had done well for a reason.
---
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d118/tirkaro/heshallreturn.gif
Official Jin Saotome of the MvC3 Boards
#6Number090684Posted 1/23/2012 11:08:16 PM
More like.... "RE Code Veronica, why weren't you truly revolutionary in the slightest?" Because if RE4 had stuck to the same old, tired RE formula, the series could have completely sunk into stagnation and died off long ago. Funny, how some people rag on the savior or the series, yet treat most of the old games as if they're pure gold. Atmosphere can only carry a series so far guys.
---
US PSN: Number090684
Wii No. 7949-4764-9788-5707
#7GameBeatenPosted 1/23/2012 11:09:21 PM
ElusionM_08 posted...
RE4 is not a good game.

Its a GREAT game.

This.

The story and setting is really out there. Las Plagas was a good idea, but it originates under a castle in Spain? It couldn't be the result of any of the viruses introduced in previous Resident Evil games? Plus the reason for going to this area was to "save the President's daughter?" What game does this plot belong to?

Another thing that pissed me off about Resident Evil 4 were the notes/files found throughout. Instead of having stuff written by people "before the **** hit the fan," we get a bunch of stuff about "Oh, that American is here. Let's ambush him!" The only good files in that game were probably the memo from Salazar's butler and the files of Luis explaining the Las Plagas.

Other than those factors, the gameplay and bosses of RE4 were great.
---
http://epicvideogamers.com/
I've been waiting for Nintendo to reveal a handheld with the 3DS's graphics since 2003.
#8x__Grim__xPosted 1/23/2012 11:09:52 PM
Best Resident Evil ever. Possibly the best survival horror game, period.
---
PSN: SoulTriggr262--------3DS: 1762-- 2777-- 0965
Check out my blog! ... http://viewtifulreviews.blogspot.com/
#9ElusionM_08Posted 1/23/2012 11:10:09 PM
RE5 took everything RE4v did good and improved then. It threw away the bad (magic attache case) and reinvented to a real-time inventory, which had hotswitch for weapons and items, weapons showed on body, and it didn't kill game flow when accessed.
---
#10NorthlanePosted 1/23/2012 11:11:15 PM
RE5 = lackluster
RE4 = GOAT
---
Supporter of the Official LOLKNICKS topic
brotip #1486: use "swag" responsibly