What RE games are on PSN?

#11VolcanoBoulderPosted 1/29/2012 11:05:43 PM
Wii versions of REmake and Zero look just fine in 16:9 on my TV...
#12cell2355Posted 1/30/2012 11:02:12 AM
its still stretched though.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/Kysuke
Make an account and add me!
#13VolcanoBoulderPosted 1/31/2012 10:16:12 PM
It turns out I was wrong. RE 0 works just fine on a 16:9 TV, and it seems to be native to the widescreen resolution. REmake, on the other hand, is either centered in the middle of the screen at 4:3 or stretched so much that Chris and Jill look fat.
#14LuniaraPosted 2/1/2012 2:40:12 PM
lawl.. I tried loading up REmake on my flat screen TV it looked terrible no matter what setting I put it on. Fired it up on the old TV, still looked good to me :/

Stupid tube TV generation of gaming.
---
<Insert witty message here>
#15Sombrero_ShadowPosted 2/1/2012 2:58:55 PM
^Resolution size in gaming really jumped up from last generation to this.
---
Only if you pay me.
#16LuniaraPosted 2/1/2012 3:02:07 PM
No kidding. When I first got my 360 I was playing Star Ocean on a tube TV, Couldn't read the text and could barely see any details in the characters... Bought my HDTV and fired it up with the HDMI cables and the difference was like OMG! You can definitely tell they were designed for the HD displays while other games designed for more standard displays dont look as good as they did on Tube TV
---
<Insert witty message here>
#17VolcanoBoulderPosted 2/1/2012 3:02:39 PM
Luniara posted...
lawl.. I tried loading up REmake on my flat screen TV it looked terrible no matter what setting I put it on. Fired it up on the old TV, still looked good to me :/

Stupid tube TV generation of gaming.

It looks fine if you play it on a Wii with the system set to 16:9 mode. I mean, it's stuck in the center of the screen with huge black bars on the sides, but it looks like it should.

The weird thing about this, though, is that even the older games on the PS1 properly support widescreen resolutions. For instance, RE 2 fills up my TV with little-to-no obvious stretching. I'll never understand why REmake is stuck in 4:3, especially when 0, which came out on the same console in the same year, isn't.