RE fans are so ungrateful

#61DaedalusExPosted 1/29/2012 12:33:28 PM
It's your opinion, and you're free to it. (Of course, I'm sure the story and characters would call it a wrong opinion, but c'est la vie.) If the name is all that survived, though, surely you wouldn't keep buying the game. Since it sucks now, by your count. Or would you?

The story and characters are as superficial as the name. Interestingly enough, if they had removed the story references and changed the characters of 4/5 (and item names too, I suppose) it would be virtually impossible to draw a connection to the earlier titles. Hardly appropriate to say it "survived."

And for the record, I never bought 5 and have no intention of buying 6. I did buy 4 unfortunately, only because I was unaware of the crapfest it would turn out to be.
#62scythe108Posted 1/29/2012 12:55:10 PM
RE4 was really fun. RE5 was fun too if you are playing co-op with a friend. Though I like Dead Space 1 and 2 far more than RE5. I've heard Amnesia is a great horror game. If you guys are so sick of RE then try that out instead. Better than complaining about a game that you stubbornly hate before everything is even known about the game.
#63Farhan_MalikPosted 1/29/2012 12:58:59 PM
nobody ssaid RE4 and 5 aren't fun to play. the problem is they are fun games but they are not RE.
#64shotgunheadshotPosted 1/29/2012 1:07:23 PM
Farhan_Malik posted...
nobody ssaid RE4 and 5 aren't fun to play. the problem is they are fun games but they are not RE.

I say they are RE games. Its just plays more of an action side of the series.
#65scythe108Posted 1/29/2012 1:09:47 PM
RE4's story was irrelevant to RE's overall story in alot of ways, but the series had to adapt. I've been a fan of RE since RE1 on Playstation, and sure I miss some things, but RE4 overall was more fun to play imo. RE6 has Leon's story being more horror-like. Looks RE to me.
#66ShinHakuIcePosted 1/29/2012 1:53:20 PM
I find RE4 amazing, for the simple fact it doesn't have tank controls >_>
---
Johannes Brahms - 'Without craftsmanship, inspiration is a mere reed shaken in the wind'
#67edward18Posted 1/29/2012 6:58:34 PM
...considering it does....
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#68King AzarPosted 1/29/2012 7:08:13 PM
edward18 posted...
They should have just let the series died and made a new series with this style.

That would take actual INTEGRITY, by not using the Resident Evil name to garner sales.
---
Jack Nicholson is the only man alive that can make dancing to Prince, scary.