Am i playing Resident Evil 5 right because ammo is rare

#1Gavin_TwilightPosted 1/28/2012 12:47:22 PM
i am playing from start on vetran and there is little ammo...looks like people were just complaining to complain about modern resident evil games
---
I am from another planet
#2TomoEK9Posted 1/28/2012 12:57:49 PM
Well RE4, ammo was so abundant, and if you played correctly, you would literally be swimming in it.

RE5 they fixed that and ammo became a lot more scarce.
#3shotgunheadshotPosted 1/28/2012 1:03:30 PM
I agree with Gavin their is hardly any ammo or gold compared to re4. Resident Evil 5 is survival horror at its finest.
#4Gavin_Twilight(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2012 1:05:30 PM
RE5 allows you to play the game anyway you want
---
I am from another planet
#5LuniaraPosted 1/28/2012 2:22:21 PM
Drops from enemies and barrels(I think ) are random. While ammo might be scarcely placed in chests and on shelves (which it should be) if you're lucky it gets plentiful from just killing. I'm a knife and meleeholic though so my ammo was pretty much rarely used until the tougher enemies showed themselves.
---
<Insert witty message here>
#6GameBeatenPosted 1/28/2012 2:28:43 PM
I've been having to play through RE5 again since I lost all my save data on my first PS3 when it broke down. I've been finding my self low on ammo too, but I never actually run out. There's always something that gets me by.

Plus I give most of the machine gun and rifle ammo to Sheva since that's all she has and is all the AI is good at using.
---
http://epicvideogamers.com/
I've been waiting for Nintendo to reveal a handheld with the 3DS's graphics since 2003.
#7LeonSK357Posted 1/28/2012 2:32:21 PM
If you adopt the AI's style of shooting the enemy in the chest until it's dead, then yeah it will be rare. That's why Sheva always runs out of ammo >.>

Personally my style is to shoot once or twice, melee, stomp. You can imagine that by the end of a chapter I'd already have two full stacks of handgun ammo and close to a stack and a half of shotgun shells.
---
I love this... This is what I live for... And I'm absolutely crazy about it!
PSN: Leon50ae / GT: Reikan Ai
#8Doom_InfinitePosted 1/28/2012 2:36:05 PM
I was drowning in so much ammo in RE5 Chris could have started a war, it was always Sheva who was my ammo leech.

I definitely didn't see any improvement in ammo limitations in 5 over 4.
---
I am yours to command, point out our foes and step out of my way. - Adam, Shining Force
#9LeonSK357Posted 1/28/2012 2:58:01 PM
What made RE5 worse was the continuous progress. If you end RE5 with 400 Handgun ammo in your stash, you start a 'new' RE5 game with every last round of those 400. Replaying chapters to make money and collect ammo didn't help either. At least in RE4 you could start a completely fresh game.
---
I love this... This is what I live for... And I'm absolutely crazy about it!
PSN: Leon50ae / GT: Reikan Ai
#10shotgunheadshotPosted 1/28/2012 3:05:18 PM(edited)
Doom3000 posted...
I was drowning in so much ammo in RE5 Chris could have started a war, it was always Sheva who was my ammo leech.

I definitely didn't see any improvement in ammo limitations in 5 over 4.

Thats because you use those stupid button prompt wrestling moves melees to help conserve ammo. Thats not my strategy i shoot everything which is more fun but i still run out of ammo. I disagree their is less ammo given in this game then re4. Doesn't really matter i can turn on infinite ammo if i want to.