I hope there's a good selection of DLC in this game

#1grape_escapePosted 1/31/2012 8:26:55 AM
I hate games that skip out on worthwhile DLC, or skip DLC altogether. Hopefully Resident Evil 6 has all sorts of bonus goodies in store for us. Any word on any DLC announcements as of yet?
#2MadigariPosted 1/31/2012 8:31:30 AM
They haven't even confirmed who some of the characters are in the game, and you're already needing DLC? Man, and I thought -I- couldn't wait for this game to come out.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#3Sombrero_ShadowPosted 1/31/2012 8:35:11 AM
DLC is already confirmed is something though. The only thing we know of so far is pre-order bonuses, but not the details. They say pre-ordering at either GameStop, Amazon, or Best Buy will get you a Map for modes in the game they haven't announced yet (though the general guess is something like Mercenaries/Versus/etc). No clue what the maps are, but I have this feeling it's going to be some retro Resident Evil location, like "Pre-order at GameStop and get the RE1 Mansion, at Best Buy get the RPD Police Station" or something like that. These maps likely will also be regular DLC but you'd get it free for pre-ordering.
---
Only if you pay me.
#4squiggy9996999Posted 1/31/2012 8:53:21 AM
you know what games have DLC this year? i didn't check, but i'm pretty sure it's ALL OF THEM.
#5Spade59Posted 1/31/2012 9:17:54 AM
DLC is the worst **** to ever happen to gaming. TC is clearly a masochist.
#6Sombrero_ShadowPosted 1/31/2012 9:22:43 AM
I think it really depends on the DLC in my eyes.

I think DLC is a great way to develop and add something to the game post-release. I thought the DLC Resident Evil 5 had, Lost in Nightmares, Desperate Escape, and Mercenaries Reunion were all quite good DLC packs.

I don't like release-date DLC that feels it should of been in the game, however.
---
Only if you pay me.
#7TentanmanPosted 1/31/2012 9:36:08 AM
Sombrero_Shadow posted...

I don't like release-date DLC that feels it should of been in the game, however.

Yeah.. Stuff like gears of war 3 actually REMOVING CONTENT from the game so they can sell at a later date was really shady. Hopefully capcom doesn't do the same.
---
BRING BACK CRASH BANDICOOT!
#8VolcanoBoulderPosted 1/31/2012 9:58:02 AM
Spade59 posted...
DLC is the worst **** to ever happen to gaming. TC is clearly a masochist.

Depends. Borderlands DLC was awesome because it was all new (and excellent) content made after release. Most publishers, unfortunately, cut stuff out of the main game to sell for extra $$$ as "new content."

When done right, DLC is great and exactly like an old-school expansion pack. Too bad it's almost never done right.
#9VolcanoBoulderPosted 1/31/2012 9:59:29 AM
Tentanman posted...
Yeah.. Stuff like gears of war 3 actually REMOVING CONTENT from the game so they can sell at a later date was really shady. Hopefully capcom doesn't do the same.

Resident Evil 5 Versus Mode says "hi."
#10TentanmanPosted 1/31/2012 10:01:08 AM
VolcanoBoulder posted...
Tentanman posted...

Resident Evil 5 Versus Mode says "hi."

Eh, it wasn't that bad. They did do some tweaking to it, didn't they? It also only cost 5$ as far as i can remember.
---
BRING BACK CRASH BANDICOOT!