I lost hope for this franchise..

#1wiid1234Posted 1/31/2012 6:37:25 PM
When I heard someone compare it to gears, and see where they get it from.
And I've heard 2 people talking about how long the "campaign" should be.
I miss the old resident evil. I'm not saying these games are bad.... they just wont strike the same note.
It's kind of sad how much its changed, knowing its never going to be the same again.
Its like growing up, and realizing people change too. And things will never be how they used to.
Sniffle. =,(
#2DanteDevilsPosted 1/31/2012 6:40:55 PM
So you want old boring RE?(by today's standards)
---
"The real reason Jonah hates me... is because I'm black! .........Kidding. Sorry" - The Amazing Spider-Man
#3VolcanoBoulderPosted 1/31/2012 6:41:19 PM
wiid1234 posted...

Campaign, story, whatever. It's all the same ****; just present-day video game lingo is all.
#4HellwirePosted 1/31/2012 6:41:31 PM
Amazing how people this gen act as if cover systems in shooters never existed before Gears of War came along.
#5wiid1234(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2012 6:44:12 PM
DanteDevils posted...
So you want old boring RE?(by today's standards)

Yes I do! I know that it will never ever go back to it. But I would love that soooo much.
#6heartlesshero17Posted 1/31/2012 6:45:21 PM
VolcanoBoulder posted...
wiid1234 posted...

Campaign, story, whatever. It's all the same ****; just present-day video game lingo is all.

Yeah the way people refer to a story mode is hardly a problem
---
Since I know I can be honest with you, I'll admit I got a little sulky. It was frowns all around
-Lord Ghirahim
#7wiid1234(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2012 6:45:55 PM
VolcanoBoulder posted...
wiid1234 posted...

But campaign usually refers to the story part of a game that has a strong multiplayer element to it. I'm not saying that this multiplayer is a huge part of the game, or that its bad. I mean I love mercs online. But Its just also something showing how much the game is evolving with time.
#8LuniaraPosted 1/31/2012 6:57:00 PM
It was definitely time for a change. RE is dated by today's standards. I do not however wish to see it become an over the top action game with a buncha retarded flashiness to it for the sake of being there. I want a Survival Horror game, not a Final Fantasy. Granted I like final Fantasy, but that's where all that flashy nonsense belongs.

Resident Evil should be gritty, and down right scary while yes it should have action the action needs to be in the back seat while the horror drives it. Atmosphere, bizarre enemy designs, and thrills to make things better. Resident Evil 5 lacked the cheap scare tactics that were so prevalent in the other games. I can't even recall anything being a surprise as pretty much everything that showed up had a ridiculous intro cut scene, killing the surprise.

I'd love to see the controls of the newer Resident Evil games with less enemies and more focus on survival horror than just mowing down zombies. When I want to Mow down zombies I'll play Left 4 Dead or Dead Island. I play Resident Evil for the thrill of survival horror.
---
<Insert witty message here>
#9Mister_ZurkonPosted 1/31/2012 7:00:30 PM
YEAH HOW DARE RE BECOME A FLASHY ACTION GAME!

It needs to be more like Code Veronica! That was understated!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwpOTRA_hXk

NOT
---
I prefer Genaro's. But what do I know? I'm a bear. I suck the heads off fish! - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
#10LuniaraPosted 1/31/2012 7:03:20 PM
And than she got hit over the head and ended up wandering around a zombie infested prison camp.

Fast forward to Resident Evil 5. Too much flashy.

There needs to be a balance, and the action shouldn't take over the entirety of the game. Regardless I'll buy it anyway because I actually enjoy the stories of the games but the gameplay has lost it's edge.
---
<Insert witty message here>