This is WHY Resident Evil 4 and 5 are NOT Resident Evil games.

#1Coryo61827Posted 2/5/2012 1:14:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHCC4wKw698&feature=related

Clearly they're "Faculty" games. Gah, Resident Evil 4 and 5 are like the Faculty in sooooo many ways. Just an alien invasion.
#2warrenmatsPosted 2/5/2012 1:34:52 PM

not sure if trolling or just stupid

#3Coryo61827(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2012 1:36:01 PM
Definitely not trolling. I love the gameplay in the new games, but the storylines are god awful.
#4warrenmatsPosted 2/5/2012 1:40:53 PM

well i guess RE4's storyline was....stupid. It had nothing to do with the other RE games in the series. Atleast RE5 had wesker Chris and jill.

#5Coryo61827(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2012 1:44:07 PM
Agreed, what they did to the Resident Evil series starting at 4 was like taking a fighting game and making it a racing game or something. COMPLETELY different. I wasn't talking about the Resident Evil series as a whole though, lol.
#6koroko_korobasePosted 2/5/2012 2:17:11 PM
warrenmats posted...
not sure if trolling or just stupid

No reason it can't be both.
#7bronzefrogPosted 2/5/2012 2:20:23 PM
That's a music video, isn't it. It must be. I refuse to give hits to youtube unless it's for a magnificent cause.
---
Soul Eater - Vinland Saga - Yu Yu Hakusho - Planetes - Break Blade - Beelzebub - The Breaker
#8_Shuyin_Posted 2/5/2012 2:42:53 PM
warrenmats posted...
well i guess RE4's storyline was....stupid. It had nothing to do with the other RE games in the series. Atleast RE5 had wesker Chris and jill.

And RE4 had Leon and Ada. So your little point failed.

RE4 and RE5 are as much RE games as any of the other ones. As much as I love the classic games, there's no denying that RE4 and its popularity is the only reason the Resident Evil series is still breathing.
---
"At times we must purge things from this world because they should not exist. Even if it means losing someone that you love"
~ Deadly Premonition
#9Coryo61827(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2012 2:48:39 PM
_Shuyin_ posted...
warrenmats posted...

And RE4 had Leon and Ada. So your little point failed.

RE4 and RE5 are as much RE games as any of the other ones. As much as I love the classic games, there's no denying that RE4 and its popularity is the only reason the Resident Evil series is still breathing.

I never said they weren't great games, cause they are. I just think they're awful as Resident Evil games. Without Leon and Ada in 4, that game would be NOTHING like Resident Evil, whatsoever.

Same with the characters in Resident Evil 5, and the lickers.

The story in Resident Evil 4 and 5 is sooo different that I honestly wish Capcom had just made it a different game all together.

And yes, the video I posted was a music video for "The Faculty", and I posted it because it shows so many similarities between that and Resident Evil 4 + 5.
#10bronzefrogPosted 2/5/2012 2:51:23 PM
So the world setting isn't as important to it being Resident Evil as it must have characters from 1, 2, or 3 or CV?

That's a bad opinion.
---
Soul Eater - Vinland Saga - Yu Yu Hakusho - Planetes - Break Blade - Beelzebub - The Breaker