New Interview with Resident Evil 6's producer

#14thStrikePosted 2/6/2012 4:53:43 PM
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1218077p1.html
#2VolcanoBoulderPosted 2/6/2012 5:03:33 PM
"Personally I really loved the co-op gameplay in RE5. We've always worked hard at finding ways to innovate the series with every new game, and RE6 is no different. Co-op play is one way to introduce new possibilities into the game system."

Oh god. Please don't let this be like RE 5...
#3edward18Posted 2/6/2012 5:03:36 PM
Why do they make such a big deal about Chris and Leon being in the same game? They should be complaining about the people that are NEVER in the games anymore.

And what the hell does he mean zombies have been gone for almost a decade? Has he not played anything on the Wii?
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#4LilCrimsonNemoPosted 2/6/2012 5:06:41 PM

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1218077p1.html

Good read, thanks.
---
( PSN: CrimsonNemo ) ( 3DS: 2578 - 3415 - 3486 )
#5ResidentCharliePosted 2/6/2012 7:53:23 PM
"RE 5 had the co-op feature that had never been done in the series before"

Bullcrap. I guess he never played Resident Evil Outbreak Online. Poor soul.

"IGN: Zombies have been absent from Resident Evil games for nearly a decade."

Bullcrap. Again, Outbreak in March 2004 and File #2 in April 2005. Also the UC and DC games on the Wii.

This interview reminds me of an interview before RE5. Who was the smart guy who said, 'Its not Resident Evil without a chainsaw' ?
---
Resident Evil Outbreak on Facebook: http://tccd.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5877472758
#6GoldsicklePosted 2/6/2012 11:52:48 PM

Bullcrap. I guess he never played Resident Evil Outbreak Online. Poor soul.

Bullcrap. Again, Outbreak in March 2004 and File #2 in April 2005. Also the UC and DC games on the Wii.

I think he means "main series"?

Whenever the developers are interviewed, it seems that they are separating what occurs in the main series while almost ignoring what occurs in the spin-offs.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#7ElusionM_08Posted 2/6/2012 11:56:23 PM
"Of course we will have that type of horror experience where you dread what's around the corner, or what is behind the next door, but we also think there are many other kinds of horror as well. People are afraid of different things, and with RE6 we want to provide a multitude of different horror experiences for everyone. This goes for the gameplay aspects as well. There are people who like the action elements of the RE series, while others like the survival or adventure aspects. We really want to balance all of those things out in this game in order to give a complete gameplay experience to fans of the series and those who may not have previously played a RE game. "

THIS damnit, THIS.

The idiotic fanboys out there don't understand the FACT, the FACT, that RE has a divided fanbase where there are actually 3 groups, one who likes the classics, one who likes the modern, and the amazing ones who like BOTH.

RE totally action (ala COD) would SUCK, but it also cannot survive being totally horror. Heck, even the leading horror series Silent Hill fell on it's knee for some action aspects in the newer releases.

I'm extremely comfortable with the direction the dev team took for RE6.
---
"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on".
PSN: ElusionM
#8sehr0Posted 2/7/2012 12:22:59 AM
There are a lot of characters still to be announced :D
#9Mister_ZurkonPosted 2/7/2012 12:28:38 AM
ElusionM_08 posted...
"

THIS damnit, THIS.

The idiotic fanboys out there don't understand the FACT, the FACT, that RE has a divided fanbase where there are actually 3 groups, one who likes the classics, one who likes the modern, and the amazing ones who like BOTH.

RE totally action (ala COD) would SUCK, but it also cannot survive being totally horror. Heck, even the leading horror series Silent Hill fell on it's knee for some action aspects in the newer releases.

But this brings up the "Jack of all trades, Master of none" dilemma.

It's nice to pander to everyone, but you run the risk of making 3 mediocre gameplay styles instead of one great new one.

Personally I think they need to ignore the fans and focus on making the best game possible, no matter the style...

Because said fans will eat it up anyway.
---
I prefer Genaro's. But what do I know? I'm a bear. I suck the heads off fish! - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
#10ElusionM_08Posted 2/7/2012 12:33:31 AM
Mister_Zurkon posted...
ElusionM_08 posted...
"

THIS damnit, THIS.

But this brings up the "Jack of all trades, Master of none" dilemma.

It's nice to pander to everyone, but you run the risk of making 3 mediocre gameplay styles instead of one great new one.

Personally I think they need to ignore the fans and focus on making the best game possible, no matter the style...

Because said fans will eat it up anyway.

Not sure they can really come up with anything new that wouldn't cause chaos in the fanbase. It was either continuing what RE5 did, or go back to the days of the classics. They took both, and smashed them together.

Hopefully though, they take the best of the two, and improve upon that, and not remove what is great already. That means no item chests or magical teleporting merchants, or invisible attache cases, but also not a health regeneration system or anything stupid like that.

Bring back zombies, keep the action; throw the bad, keep the good. That's about all they need to do, not much of a need for another gaming revolution.
---
"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on".
PSN: ElusionM