Something that confused me about RE0 and RE2...

#11LuniaraPosted 2/13/2012 1:03:01 PM
I don't remember too much from RE0 as it's been so long but wasn't it a different lab from the RE2 one towards the end? Yes she fought the proto-tyrant in the one from RE2, but the final boss encounter at least from what I recall was a completely different location from that.

However that still doesn't explain the Umbrella Facility being safe for the SCIENTISTS to wander for the short time being it was before Birkin got shot up. The place had quite a few B.O.W.S wandering around last I recall in 0. I guess they were cleared out and escaped AGAIN in RE2?
---
<Insert witty message here>
Currently Playing: Skyrim, Star Ocean 4, Atelier Rorona
#12randyc80Posted 2/13/2012 1:29:27 PM
...and once again, all of this is overlooking the fact that the lab from RE0 was completely blown apart only two months before RE2 took place. So they rebuilt the lab and made sure that it looked exactly the same as it did before and they did all of this in two months? Why is that more plausible than two different locations that look the same? Especially since this is a video game and they were reusing location designs as a throwback/easter egg for fans and to save time in development.
#13Coryo61827Posted 2/13/2012 1:45:25 PM
What? The lab from resident evil 2 didn't blow up in resident evil 0. That was a different lab.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#14LuniaraPosted 2/13/2012 3:25:34 PM
randyc80 posted...
...and once again, all of this is overlooking the fact that the lab from RE0 was completely blown apart only two months before RE2 took place. So they rebuilt the lab and made sure that it looked exactly the same as it did before and they did all of this in two months? Why is that more plausible than two different locations that look the same? Especially since this is a video game and they were reusing location designs as a throwback/easter egg for fans and to save time in development.

Because the lab that got blown up and the RE2 Lab Rebecca visitted were NOT the same laboratories.
---
#15randyc80Posted 2/13/2012 3:45:06 PM
Luniara posted...
randyc80 posted...

Because the lab that got blown up and the RE2 Lab Rebecca visitted were NOT the same laboratories.

Exactly....that is what I am trying to explain to Patrickmahan and Verdekal. They were under the impression that it is the same lab because it looks the same. I was trying to explain that they are two separate locations.
#16VerdekalPosted 2/13/2012 3:52:58 PM
The bottom line is that the only place visited in RE0 that's the same as RE2 is the turntable and the entrance to RE2's lab.

The factory in RE0 on the opposite side of the turn table is not in RE2 and only that got blown up in RE0.

The fact that the lab in RE2 managed to remain zombie free for a few more weeks is because of a plot hole since Capcom made the labs next to each other in 2002, 4 years after RE 2 came out.
#17randyc80Posted 2/13/2012 4:03:58 PM
Verdekal posted...
The bottom line is that the only place visited in RE0 that's the same as RE2 is the turntable and the entrance to RE2's lab.

The factory in RE0 on the opposite side of the turn table is not in RE2 and only that got blown up in RE0.

The fact that the lab in RE2 managed to remain zombie free for a few more weeks is because of a plot hole since Capcom made the labs next to each other in 2002, 4 years after RE 2 came out.

Are you kidding me? The training facility and the lab got blown up at the same time. Are you trying to tell me that you believe that the RE2 labs were smack dab in the middle of all that and they were untouched?
#18VerdekalPosted 2/13/2012 6:23:00 PM(edited)
I'm not saying it makes sense, geographically it's weird since RE2's lab is connected to the police station through another factory.

Another poster said that the turn table only looks like the one from RE2 like how the Antarctic mansion was a replica but I say it's the same place.

It's just a plot hole. In RE0, the training facility, the church, the lab and the factory were all blown up but RE2's lab was okay.
#19LuniaraPosted 2/14/2012 9:41:42 AM
Verdekal posted...
I'm not saying it makes sense, geographically it's weird since RE2's lab is connected to the police station through another factory.

Another poster said that the turn table only looks like the one from RE2 like how the Antarctic mansion was a replica but I say it's the same place.

It's just a plot hole. In RE0, the training facility, the church, the lab and the factory were all blown up but RE2's lab was okay.

MAYBE IT WAS BOMB PROOF! "This Lab can not explode until Resident Evil 2"
I guess the capcom equivalent of Jesus or something put his hands over the lab till the time was right
---