A theory about Chris' trauma and Claire

#1ElusionM_08Posted 2/15/2012 10:15:13 AM
So Chris faces a personal trauma 6 months before RE6.

He says things like "I can't keep running away". Implying that he cannot keep running away from the truth, that Claire is dead.

The Javo's were also found 6 months before RE6, also in Eastern Europe where both Chris and the Scarface guy are shown to be fighting BOWs.

Can Claire's death be sometime around the Javo Incidents? That's of course, assuming she does die.
---
"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on".
PSN: ElusionM
#2VolcanoBoulderPosted 2/15/2012 10:23:44 AM
I can see it now.

Resident Evil 6 opens with a lavish, pre-rendered cinematic, the quality being on par with a Pixar film. In it, Jessica is running through some metallic corridors of the TerraSave headquarters, being chased by two security guards. After a helicopter attempts to take her down and inadvertently kills everyone but her, she ducks into a nearby room, where Claire and roughly 15 other TerraSave members are waiting to shoot her. Unfortunately, they are standing in front of a bunch of explosive barrels for no reason, which Jessica shoots, thereby killing them all. She then steals some BOW-related crap and escapes.

Fade in to Chris' face; he is clearly depressed and terrified. A single tear rolls down his cheek. "Irony is such a cruel mistress," he spits out with his voice trembling.

Jill hugs him in an attempt to console the broken man. "Perhaps she will find more peace in death than she did in life," she says.
---
"Boy do I love gameFAQs. Where opinion is fact and yours is wrong." -- sieg2057
#3ElusionM_08(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2012 10:26:07 AM
lol!

But let's not have a RE6: Code Revelations X going on haha.
---
"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on".
PSN: ElusionM
#4urmomishawt04Posted 2/15/2012 4:34:52 PM
lol no
---
'97 Camry <3: http://i.imgur.com/nqpyu.png
PSN: D4RK M4R10 / 3DS:: 2191 - 7636 - 8794
#5randyc80Posted 2/15/2012 7:07:15 PM
ElusionM_08 posted...

The Javo's were also found 6 months before RE6, also in Eastern Europe where both Chris and the Scarface guy are shown to be fighting BOWs.

Scarface is the one in Eastern Europe. Chris is in China...which is in Asia.
#6JustANinjaPosted 2/15/2012 8:11:14 PM
I don't know why but I don't see personal trauma as a family members death. I categorize that as personal loss.
---
Tifa: Did you sleep well, Cloud?
Cloud: Next to you, who wouldn't?
#7TixusPosted 2/15/2012 10:56:08 PM
I can see it now...Chris will have a flashback to a grave marked "Claire Redfield." He'll narrate with something that sounds like a coerced attempt to be dramatic like, off the top of my head, "Casualties continue to mount over the long years I've struggled...more and more I find myself wondering if it's all worth fighting for." Except Claire's body was never actually found, and she was just assumed dead. Then throughout the game there will be this mysterious character wearing a cloak and mask, who seemingly works for the badguy. But then toward the end there'll be a big confrontation where the mystery cloak character attacks Chris and his partner, during which the mask will be shot off. Then the badguy makes a dramatic entrance and tells Chris "I expected you would be happier to see us." Chris would be like, "Us..?" Then the badguy will be like "So slow to catch on." as he pulls away the hood to reveal Barry Burton.
---
"Don't worry, I don't have low self esteem...I have low esteem of everyone else."
-Daria
#8TixusPosted 2/15/2012 11:04:23 PM
Now for a significantly more serious response. Remember those viral videos for RE5 that were supposed to take place after the events of the game? The live action ones that kept boasting "Terror you won't forget," which is funny because I don't remember any terror in RE5 so I must have forgotten it. But anyway, the whole idea was that Chris was going through some serious PTSD. I was under the impression that those never actually happened, and it was just their way of trying to make RE5 look scarier than it actually was--but who knows? Maybe they decided to go with that, and wrote Chris having a mental breakdown into the storyline post RE5.
---
"Don't worry, I don't have low self esteem...I have low esteem of everyone else."
-Daria
#9NeofabitoPosted 2/16/2012 2:45:04 AM
I think it's pretty safe to assume that the new villain is gonna be the 3rd Hunter you find in the mansion incident in 1998. No one would suspect that THAT Hunter survived. He learned human speech and is after revenge now.
---
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
#10G-ScythePosted 2/16/2012 2:51:17 AM
JustANinja posted...
I don't know why but I don't see personal trauma as a family members death. I categorize that as personal loss.

trust me. death of a family member, while still a loss, is VERY traumatic. especially when they are young.
---
Not changing this sig until I get bored of it - started 8/11/2011