Remember the RE5 trailer shown at E3 2007?

#51Chilly82Posted 2/19/2012 3:43:00 PM
edward18 posted...
A ghost is a spirit. A hallucination is something that you see that isn't there due to a visual anomaly caused by biological means. They're two entirely different things.

Edward regardless of the drug. Ghosts crawling out of paintings is not Resident Evil esque. It would be one thing if it was only just one part of the game, but the entire game was supposedly like that. 3.5 was basically Silent Hill with a drug as an excuse.

So Edward, if they made a Resident Evil with light sabres and clone troopers, but it turned out to just be a side effect from the progenitor virus, you would be ok with that?
#52ItsAboutStylePosted 2/19/2012 3:56:15 PM
edward18 posted...
A ghost is a spirit. A hallucination is something that you see that isn't there due to a visual anomaly caused by biological means. They're two entirely different things.

Yes, because hallucinating that something is a spirit is impossible...
---
You aren't exactly Mister Current Affairs are you, Tommy? "Mad Fist" went mad, and "The Gun," shot himself.
#53Doom_InfinitePosted 2/19/2012 4:35:25 PM
edward18 posted...
4's final version is crap and the beta wasn't supernatural. Leon was hallucinating due to being infected with Progenitor. That's science, not magic.

So a character under influence of drugs having hallucinations = good horror? I think not.
---
I am yours to command, point out our foes and step out of my way. - Adam, Shining Force
#54FireMadePrimePosted 2/19/2012 7:37:29 PM
Never saw this trailer before. So RE5 was supposed to be single player?

This trailer looked lot better than the actual game.
---
MvC2 team: Cyclops, Mega Man and Ken
MvC3 and UMvC3 team: Phoenix, Jill and Morrigan.
#55Mister_ZurkonPosted 2/19/2012 8:19:52 PM
Chilly82 posted...
edward18 posted...

Edward regardless of the drug. Ghosts crawling out of paintings is not Resident Evil esque. It would be one thing if it was only just one part of the game, but the entire game was supposedly like that. 3.5 was basically Silent Hill with a drug as an excuse.

So Edward, if they made a Resident Evil with light sabres and clone troopers, but it turned out to just be a side effect from the progenitor virus, you would be ok with that?

And to add to the Silent Hill comparison. One of the theoretical sources of the monsters is drug hallucination.

Though Given the Lynchian nature of Silent Hill I don't believe there is meant to be a TRUE meaning behind Silent Hill...

True Art is Incomprehensible and all that jazz.
---
I prefer Genaro's. But what do I know? I'm a bear. I suck the heads off fish! - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
#56hopeEstheim2010Posted 2/20/2012 4:36:05 AM

Lionheart2211 posted...
I would have preferred the beta stuff than the final product. At least when 4 was changed it still ended up being great. 5 was just disappointing.
---
"I know all four of you could satisfy me" - Lady
GT: LionHeart V1

this

#57Doom_InfinitePosted 2/20/2012 5:40:09 AM
Silent Hill is all about the occult and supernatural, people in the game see different things but it's usually because those things only show up when those people are alone.
---
I am yours to command, point out our foes and step out of my way. - Adam, Shining Force
#58Plant42Posted 2/20/2012 5:48:15 AM
I can remember watching that RE5 trailer right before I went on a vacation for the weekend. I was so psyched and thought about it all that weekend. The sad part was I read all the stories people posted here about how they thought the game would unfold. Well over 50% of them were better than what Capcom gave us.