So I heard that Leon gets in a fight with a selfish, brooding Chris in this game

#21Doom_InfinitePosted 2/29/2012 10:34:19 AM
SSJ_Jin posted...
Chris has a diary. He automatically loses.

This made my day.
---
I am yours to command, point out our foes and step out of my way. - Adam, Shining Force
#22Rei23Posted 3/2/2012 7:51:12 PM
I don't get how Chris's line is immediately taken so selfishly. I took it more as "Yeah, I need to go after Wesker but are you going to be alright? " While other people apparently took it as "Well yeah but I only came here to save you." Of course he cared about Jill at that moment, he thought she was dead, found out she was alive and well, just had a huge fight with her, and ends up ripping a mind control device off of her chest. I'd be more worried about his character if he just dropped her and ran after Wesker. She could hardly even stand on her own, and even ends up passing out immediately after he leaves. She was his close friend and partner, he had every right to be a tad bit concerned.

I had never even thought about that line being selfish until I saw it on this board.
---
100%
Not Kicker Audio
#23Doom_InfinitePosted 3/3/2012 10:44:56 AM
He shouldn't have said "but...", that's what killed it for many.

Leon's style would have been more like: I have to go after Wesker, Will you be ok?
That's actually what they also should have had Chris say in this situation.
---
I am yours to command, point out our foes and step out of my way. - Adam, Shining Force
#24ElusionM_08Posted 3/7/2012 9:12:47 AM
Lol, caring about your closest friend is being selfish nowadays?

If anyone used little common sense, they'd realize Chris wasn't deciding on a "Oh Jill let's leave all this behind and go back to the States to sunbathe in the beaches of Hawaii", but rather the concerned notion, after seeing someone dear to him alive, who was believed dead (and thus, not seen for years), is just showing the relief and joy that the person is indeed alive. You wouldn't understand that rush of joy unless you've been in a situation. It was more of a "are you alright? I can't leave you behind alone, as you're weak".

And not surprisingly, Chris was right. Jill was weak and passed out. Any BOW or Majini could have come by and this time given a REAL reason for the BSAA to dig Jill's grave. She was lucky Josh got to her before anything or anyone dangerous (as per Chris' original concerns).

Besides, considering when you have an overconfident moron like Wesker as your nemesis, one can take things slowly because you'll always know the idiot would never do anything major until seeing you first. He went ahead of Chris, to do what? Lean against the railing on the ship's runaway, waiting for Chris so he can say "You've really become an inconvenience for me", then get his ass handed to him, run to the jet to "attempt" to "saturate" the world, something he should have done without risking Chris catching up.
---
ElusionM: Resident Evil classics never gave me any input delay
squiggy9996999: you act like you never opened a door, jumped down a ledge or climbed a ladder
#25ElusionM_08Posted 3/7/2012 9:22:10 AM(edited)
And if there's a "Chris vs Leon : who's more selfish" thing going on, then LOL. I think people forgot RE2 haha.

Edit: SSJ_Jin posted...
Chris has a diary. He automatically loses

Leon makes up for it with his silly hairstyle lol; but have to say, that was a good one haha.

---
squiggy9996999: you act like you never opened a door, jumped down a ledge or climbed a ladder
#26ElusionM_08Posted 3/7/2012 9:19:18 AM
Doom3000 posted...
He shouldn't have said "but...", that's what killed it for many.

From simple contextual reading and his facial expressions, it's easy to figure out the "but" was in reference to her well being after he leaves.

You're forgetting Chris is the main protagonist of the series, and the one behind the most damages to the series villains. He would never leave Wesker with Uroboros in his hands, threatening the world.

I guess we might as well as start calling him selfish in RE:CVX for not escaping with Claire as soon as the self destruct system was initiated, but he willingly stayed behind to eliminate Alexia.

Yeah, let's screw logic and common sense.
---