I was thinking about Resident Evil 2: Apocalypse. (SPOILERS)

#11squiggy9996999Posted 3/9/2012 9:45:47 AM
well i love romero's classics, but he hasn't really made a good movie in 25 years. he's like george lucas: a film maker who has lost touch with his audience and has sunk into his own world where what is interesting to him is not to everyone else.

yes, he will keep making movies and a hardcore devout fanbase will love and defend them no matter how bad they get, but i just feel remorse whenever romero gets brought up in a discussion. it's like remembering my old dog who died 10 years ago for some reason. ah, those were the days. :P
#12kakarotozeroPosted 3/9/2012 1:50:56 PM
squiggy9996999 posted...
well i love romero's classics, but he hasn't really made a good movie in 25 years. he's like george lucas: a film maker who has lost touch with his audience and has sunk into his own world where what is interesting to him is not to everyone else.

yes, he will keep making movies and a hardcore devout fanbase will love and defend them no matter how bad they get, but i just feel remorse whenever romero gets brought up in a discussion. it's like remembering my old dog who died 10 years ago for some reason. ah, those were the days. :P

Land of the Dead was awful

zombies with intelligence ????
---
Kame Hame Ha
#13squiggy9996999Posted 3/9/2012 1:56:13 PM
after he had a zombie fire a gun, it was all downhill from there.

at least the gore is still good
#14randyc80Posted 3/9/2012 3:01:29 PM
squiggy9996999 posted...

The flaw in your logic is that George Lucas didn't lose touch with anything....he NEVER catered to a fan base in the first place. Lucas always made the Star Wars movies for himself and what he wanted. It just happens that a lot of people loved the old ones and hated the newer stuff.

It's actually pretty hilarious to hear people talk about how they are huge Star Wars fans, but they hate the prequels, special editions, ewoks, etc. So you really don't like Star Wars, you just like parts of it? Pretty much just The Empire Strikes Back and Han Solo?

I have no problem if you hate Star Wars, but don't pretend like you're a huge fan if you hate at least half of what it is. And honestly, Star Wars is George Lucas's baby and his creation so at the end of the day it only matters what he decides it is and is not.
#15squiggy9996999Posted 3/9/2012 3:28:23 PM
"The flaw in your logic is that George Lucas didn't lose touch with anything....he NEVER catered to a fan base in the first place."

you misunderstood my point. i never said he betrayed anybody. he just stopped making relevant movies that the general population would consider good. every new movie is mired by bad ideas and poor execution. his craft, his ability to make art is diminished with age, like how athletes decline with age.

i'm not saying it happens to everyone either. some people just seem to lose their magic touch. like shamalan lol "what a twist!"
#16_GavinPosted 3/9/2012 9:54:46 PM
the resident evil movies are the highest grossing video game adaptation of all time

the last one made over 300 million...

someone is doing something right
---
dont hate be cuz i am gay
I am a boi
#17angleslam99Posted 3/10/2012 9:18:58 PM
^Take into account the 3D ticket prices, but I agree that the Resident Evil movies are doing something right. They're catering to those who go to the movies to have fun.

What do people want from the Resident Evil movies? They want hot chicks kicking ass and zombies mutilating people. The movies excel at both. While the stories are incredible stupid, they still manage to get people to keep coming back because they're dumb, fun movies.

Realistically, I'm willing to bet that 75% or more of those who see the movies have never touched a single Resident Evil game in their lives, and that's not who the movies are made for.
---
S U P E R N A T U R A L
"Hola Mishamigos!" - Misha Collins, "Supernatural"
#18Mister_ZurkonPosted 3/10/2012 10:35:19 PM
Whoa now.

I don't care for the new Star Wars Trilogy as much as the next guy. But they do have some redeeming qualities and some interesting elements.

RE Live-Action is pure LCD entertainment. There's almost nothing redeeming about it besides EXPLOSIONS AND SHOOTING RAWR!

It makes Micheal Bay look like Stanley Kubrick.
---
I prefer Genaro's. But what do I know? I'm a bear. I suck the heads off fish! - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang