Change was needed for the series

#1Vegeta1000Posted 3/8/2012 10:46:35 PM
Every series needs to evole over time otherwise complaints about it being stale will be made. Look at Call of Duty and Madden for example. I loved COD4. That game was the peak of the series and was universally praised by nearly everyone. However, since then the series has fallen in quality because the newer games haven't had many improvements since. It's like the series is becoming a $60 map pack every year. Madden used to be one of my favorite video-game franchises. But every Madden after Madden 05 has been nearly the same with an updated roster and uniforms. I believe this was the same problem with the Tomb Raider series which is why it's getting a reboot. The series was popular for the first 4 games but eventually people grew tired of it due to lack of motivation. Of course Call of Duty and Madden have no problem selling because tthey both have massive casual appeal. I love the old-school RE games, but if RE didn't evolve past the old games, people would of had the same complaints thay they have now with CoD and Madden. Interest in it would of died and it would have ended up being a niche series or dead. RE4 saved the series from dying. I might of had some drastic gameplay changes, but it's the most critically accalimed RE game in the series so it paid off.
---
You're still trying to win?
#2Cloud576Posted 3/8/2012 11:01:44 PM
Dude, I agree with you, but the mere fact that you said you like CoD is going to enrage most of the people on this board who like to think of themselves as "Elite" gamers or "True" gamers. In truth, I enjoy a good online match every now and then with my friends. It's not the most complicated game, but damn if it isn't fun as hell.
---
"I wear a stetson now. Stetson's are cool."
#3Mister_ZurkonPosted 3/8/2012 11:46:37 PM
Stop using REASON to justify the change.

You have to look in your HEART to see how RE4 was bad.

It's bad because... It doesn't have the same HEART as RE Classic!

HEART!

http://i.imgur.com/11gGE.png
---
I prefer Genaro's. But what do I know? I'm a bear. I suck the heads off fish! - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
#4DrakoVongola1Posted 3/9/2012 2:18:56 AM
Why do people do this? It all goes down to opinion, so shut up and stop trying to pass yours off as fact. And that goes for both sides.
---
I believe in Jesus, the son of God, the one way to salvation.
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#5Spade59Posted 3/9/2012 4:01:11 AM
Damn straight improvement was needed.

Instead it went off on some radical tangent sheep accept since it was critically acclaimed. Not that I didn't enjoy RE4.

Now if the series is renamed to Resident Shooter: WTF-Edition, I'd be totally chill with that.
#6Ether101Posted 3/9/2012 6:49:43 AM
DrakoVongola1 posted...
Why do people do this? It all goes down to opinion, so shut up and stop trying to pass yours off as fact. And that goes for both sides.

But it doesn't come down to opinion even in the slightest. There's one group of people that think RE was trying to be a honest horror piece despite all the evidence against it and use every kind of underhanded technique to force their misbegotten views on everyone else then there's the other people that got to the laser chamber and laughed because they understood that Mikami was making the movies.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#7largerockPosted 3/9/2012 7:41:35 AM
I also agree because, when i played lost in nightmares in classic controls I thanked capcom for changing the controls.
#8Vegeta1000(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2012 8:46:53 AM

I never tried to pass off anything as fact. IMO, the series needed a gameplay reboot after Code Veronica. I love that game, but you can tell that the gameplay was starting to get stale. Zero made it even more obvious. RE4 beta imo would of been nowhere near as good as the actual RE4 we got.
---
You're still trying to win?
#9TwilightWolf000Posted 3/9/2012 9:04:36 AM
Vegeta1000 posted...

I never tried to pass off anything as fact. IMO, the series needed a gameplay reboot after Code Veronica. I love that game, but you can tell that the gameplay was starting to get stale. Zero made it even more obvious. RE4 beta imo would of been nowhere near as good as the actual RE4 we got.

I remember seeing pics of that and thinking "So they finally decided to go all Silent Hill, eh?"
---
GT: TwilightWolf000 PSN: xKennyMcCormik
Black FC: 1721-2511-4234
#10squiggy9996999Posted 3/9/2012 9:31:05 AM
vegeta, let me ask you this: are you interested/buying operation racoon city? because that game will be the exact game you seem to want, but it seems a lot of the people who wanted modern/standard FPS control schemes in a RE game are coming up with the funniest excuses to not be interested in ORC.

i'm actually more interested in ORC then RE6, but plan on getting both regardless.