Biohazard is way better now every Biohazard game pre 4 is unplayable

#31DarkSymbiotePosted 3/12/2012 7:48:58 AM
_Gavin posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
supermvc3 posted...
the camera jut made the games worse, now i like the old games but sometimes things need to change to stay alive

Change is good when it doesn't forget what the series was about and not make the franchise a straight shooter.

but the series was dying you fans only have urself to blame for the change

It wasn't dying. I'm fine with RE4's direction to an extent. I'm not fine with RE5's shooting enemies, broad daylight, cover taking, etc.
---
Small tip: Use the back/select button to quicksave in ME3.
Chicken Captain of the Mass Effect 3 board.
#32DarkClawtoothPosted 3/12/2012 2:54:36 PM
ok so here is my two cents on this whole thing.

The older games were at the time scary games. I do not recall any other game that was made in that way or style at the time. If i am not mistaken Resident Evil was one of the firsts. Because of the huge sucess that it did have every company everywhere used the game play as a template for their games. Then came games like Silent Hill, Dino Crisis, Countdown Vampires and manyy others all using Resident Evil's gameplay as a template.

Lets fastforward to today. With new changes causes things to change that you might not want it to. Take RE4 for example you had all these new fancy camera styles and new shooting styles and it just took away from the feel that the other ones had. True that with the enhances graphics you can create a better setting for a game like the did with the village starting point. The problem i saw with RE4 was that it really had nothing to do with zombies at all. so RE4 for me was ok RE5 was horrible they tried to make it like an action game.

The Survuval Horror genre is dying out fast because of games like god of war and call of duty and others thats all people seem to want just another shoot em up game. At least with the classic games you had to be on your toes because ammo was limited and so were health items.
#33NahchillhomebroPosted 3/12/2012 7:23:33 PM
DarkSymbiote posted...
_Gavin posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
supermvc3 posted...
the camera jut made the games worse, now i like the old games but sometimes things need to change to stay alive

Change is good when it doesn't forget what the series was about and not make the franchise a straight shooter.

but the series was dying you fans only have urself to blame for the change

It wasn't dying. I'm fine with RE4's direction to an extent. I'm not fine with RE5's shooting enemies, broad daylight, cover taking, etc.

It actually was dying, CV bombed in sales so devs felt it was time to change up the formula.
---
I KEEL YOU!
#34SSJ_JinPosted 3/12/2012 9:25:55 PM
Why do people say the controls were unplayable in the old games? They're the EXACT same controls today!
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.110mb.com
#35deathjr96Posted 3/12/2012 10:20:55 PM

They were, RE5 overhauled the controls. I think the nostalgia of the old games and how scary they were at the time are what scare people, they aren't scary now. RE5 wasn't scary either, but the originals at least tried to be

#36NassaDanePosted 3/12/2012 10:49:32 PM
--" I think the nostalgia of the old games and how scary they were at the time are what scare people, they aren't scary now"--

If you are exposed to the same scares over and over you Obviously will lose the initial fear, obviously. But to say they aren't scary now is just silly. I have played all the Classics from the age of 19 and up and played them after RE4 and still Screamed out loud from each game multiple times. They ARE scary, you are just used to it is all.
---
"Ignorance is Bliss"
#37GoldsicklePosted 3/12/2012 11:30:00 PM

It actually was dying, CV bombed in sales so devs felt it was time to change up the formula.

I think it wasn't until Zero that Capcom started pressuring Shinji to make RE4 sell.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#38DarkClawtoothPosted 3/14/2012 2:14:07 PM
Goldsickle posted...
I think it wasn't until Zero that Capcom started pressuring Shinji to make RE4 sell.

Honestly i always thought that was a dumb idea to release a Resident Evil game for the Sega Dreamcast. They were like the number 3 system at the time and their game selection wasnt that great.

Code Veronica was pretty decent. it had to have been pretty decent if it was the only exclusive Sega Dreamcast game to be ported over to the PS2.