Anybody else hate Jessica and Raymond's design? (spoilers possible)

#1Strange_love129Posted 3/24/2012 8:59:43 AM
I really don't know why capcom decided to go for a final fantasy approach for some of the character models in RE:Revelations. I found myself struggling to take their roles seriously. They also seemed out of place when near Jill, Chris and Parker ( who actually look like real people dressed in proper attire ). I mean, talk about awful designs, and I thought Ada looked ridiculous in RE4.

On a side note, anybody else get the feeling that these 2 characters will appear in RE7? I have a feeling that they way they were set up in RE:Revelations was to keep us guessing if they would be in RE6 and then hold of their plotline for RE7 and introduce a new organization that they work for.
---
SSFIV Mains: Chun-Li, Ibuki. UMVC3 : Strider/She-Hulk/Doom
Tekken: Zafina, Nina, Miguel Soul Calibur: Ivy
#2sbn4Posted 3/24/2012 11:00:43 AM
Raymond would not have been so bad if it wasn't for his hair. Jessica's design is okay. I think most people have a problem with her wetsuit. If she either had both legs exposed or covered, I think it would have been fine.

But I get the feeling at least Jessica will appear in RE6. She is probably the ***** that Chris is referring to in the trailer.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#3VolcanoBoulderPosted 3/24/2012 11:03:06 AM
sbn4 posted...
Raymond would not have been so bad if it wasn't for his hair. Jessica's design is okay. I think most people have a problem with her wetsuit. If she either had both legs exposed or covered, I think it would have been fine.

100% this.
---
"Cry some more, cub. You're just shivering right now because I'm crashing into your little party and you know you can't argue with me." -- Goldsickle
#4Strange_love129(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2012 1:12:13 PM
I hated Raymond's hair! It was such an atrocity, what was the inspiration, Carrot top? The reason why I hate Jessica's design is because it is so impractical. Ada was ridiculous enough in RE4, but that fur coat in high heels was just a stupid idea if you are hiking up mountains. Rachael was another dumb design as well, for obvious reasons.

Now, all they needed to do was put in some actual respectable clothing on Jessica and change Raymond's hairstyle and they could have been less ridiculous looking. Maybe I am just biased and bashing them because I didn't care much for the characters in revelations.
---
SSFIV Mains: Chun-Li, Ibuki. UMVC3 : Strider/She-Hulk/Doom
Tekken: Zafina, Nina, Miguel Soul Calibur: Ivy
#5Doom_InfinitePosted 3/25/2012 7:26:47 AM
Actually I thought Ada was very cool in RE4. I had no problem with her style, it was very close to how she dresses in 2 which added to her personality showing this as her attire of choice.
---
I am yours to command, point out our foes and step out of my way. - Adam, Shining Force
#6SSJ_JinPosted 3/25/2012 9:57:45 AM
Jessica is just fine and Chris is a fool. Raymond is a cool character, but that hair has got to go. I think you should have mentioned Rachel instead of Jessica.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.110mb.com
#7SuperHappyTreeePosted 3/26/2012 2:11:38 PM
I agree with the criticisms on the Revelations characters, that entire game just seemed cartoony to me. It is supposed to be a side game but it does create new storylines that will run into 6.

The one thing that I hate more then Jessica and Raymond's design is how all the new characters they introduced in RE5 like Ricardo and Excella was just there to die off quickly.
---
Currently Playing: Soul Calibur V, RE:Operation Raccoon City
#8fluffy_kinsPosted 3/26/2012 11:05:32 PM

Raymond had awful hair and Jessica's wetsuit was beyond ridiculous... yes, Ada in RE4 was totally unrealistic but at least she looked good... not like some fantasy stripper who is supposed to be a skilled agent... oy.

#9MorphineChildPosted 4/3/2012 12:26:33 AM
sbn4 posted...

This is pretty much the truth. Jessica was fine in her snow outfit, but her wetsuit and FBC ones were quite out-of-place.

As for Ada in RE4, I like to pretend that she actually wore her black outfit from the (non-canon) mini-game Assignment Ada during the actual events of RE4, and not the red dress. It was absolutely ridiculous to see her running around chilly rural Spain in a cocktail dress, and that Batman grappling gadget didn't help, either.
#10Plant42Posted 4/3/2012 5:22:07 AM
I hated Jessica. Her poses, her outfits, her dialogue. Just annoying. She's trying to hard to be flirty and sexual like Ada but she wasn't good at it at all.