Old school camera angles

#1slapper1Posted 4/8/2012 8:21:24 AM
Who here thinks that Capcom imputing a static camera setting into the game (Think Code Veronica style) as maybe an extra feature (after completing the game once you can play it with classic camera angles for added challenge like the Easter egg in lost in nightmares) would be a good/cool idea? The mode would do away with melee attacks and placing shots and instead provide an increase to the critical head shot chance of weapons and all enemies would have a little less health to compensate for the difficulty increase. I would play the crap out of this mode just for the nostalgia and for the fun it would provide.
#2billburna31Posted 4/8/2012 8:37:13 AM
Zzzzzzzzzz....
#3Spade59Posted 4/8/2012 8:40:48 AM
Static camera angles wouldn't allow your character to aim as freely as they do now. Some enemies require being shot in specific areas, directional aim needs more than Up-Down-Mid aiming.

The OTS camera could activate only when aiming, a la RE 3.5.
#4slapper1(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2012 8:50:38 AM
Exactly. The mode is designed to silence all of the old school junkies that complain so much about the lack of set camera angles it's like a double win for Capcom. No more selective aiming, you get straight, up and down. Weapons like sniper rifles or weapons with scopes would have Aiming similar to that of Code Veronica to strike specific targets but that it. No more meleeing enemies with context sensitive button inputs and all enemies would have reduced health and could be stunned with simple bullet fire or knifing. It would be harder more also provide a sense of nostalgia for the old school fans. Just sounds like it could be a good idea. Plus it would be entirely optional as only the older school fans would most likely play it (Myself included). Just a thought.
#5ResidentCharliePosted 4/8/2012 9:01:52 AM
I like the idea.
---
Resident Evil Outbreak on Facebook: http://tccd.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5877472758
#6YermomHoudiniPosted 4/9/2012 6:07:33 AM
I feel the idea would only work if you are playing with PSmove or wiimote or kinect where you can aim with your actual motion.
---
if you miss traditional SoulCalibur arcade stories add this to your sig & like this page
http://www.facebook.com/who.is.viola.petition4missing.stories
#7GoldsicklePosted 4/9/2012 7:04:25 AM
After playing Uncharted 1 & 2, I find that static camera could work but only for puzzles (and maybe platforming).

For combat or anything else, no.
Once again, I find not being able to see the enemies or where you're aiming because of dodgy camera angles utterly stupid and gimmicky.

"Adding crappy camera as a bonus" a la Lost In Nightmares is pointless.
If they have time to waste on a stupid gimmick just to please some dying minority, they could have used that time to do something else.
Like implementing something that's actually functional, such as cross-hair style aiming (like in the PC version of RE5) or a "Melee" button.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#8NassaDanePosted 4/9/2012 5:38:50 PM
Sure I'm all for that. Anything to get rid of the crappy aiming system we have in current
RE games.
---
"Ignorance is Bliss"
#9osboesPosted 4/10/2012 5:21:27 AM
I'd like them. The ability to choose, so people can have what ever they wanted.