Ada theory (2nd trailer spoilers)

#1Hippie84Posted 4/10/2012 8:27:50 AM
Having watched the latest trailer I am surprised that Ada has been elevated from manipulative femme fatale to all out murderer.

Remember this topic?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605603-resident-evil-6/61792841
It suggested Ada would have a clone called Carla, and Wesker a son called Jake. Over on IGN there is a video with RE6 developers confirming that Wesker’s son is indeed Jake, which gives the above topic more relevance.

My theory - the woman in the trailer isn’t Ada but her clone. She sounds like Ada, but the face is a little off. Also she is never named in the trailer, it just seems like Ada.
Perhaps the video Leon and Helena watch is of the already adult sized clone being birthed? It does look a little like a human. Also, the voiceover just before Leon plays the tape is of an unknown man telling someone (who sounds like Ada) that there is “something [she] would benefit from knowing”. Like that she has a clone she is unaware of? Or perhaps he is talking to the actual clone and is about to reveal her origin to her?

Crazy storyline? Of course. But possible within the RE universe.
---
Science! Has science ever kissed a woman or won the Super Bowl or put a man on the moon?
#2ReceiverxWisdomPosted 4/10/2012 8:34:08 AM
It has to be Ada, I put my money on it being her, with that fight Chris and Leon has at the end and him defending her as a key witness. Can't forget in the last trailer this is the ***** that caused everything, this is the conflict fans speculated Leon to have with Chris.

Otherwise why would Leon try to fight Chris for some random woman that means nothing to him if it wasn't Ada?
---
"Deathbed, redruM. I like to kill and have some fun."
PSN: LatinChris_9990 / state you're a Gf's user before sending requests.
#3Dicer7Posted 4/10/2012 8:34:59 AM
This is MGS level of convoluted. It's interesting to speculate on, though.
---
PSN/GT: Dicer7
Now Playing: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (360) / Patiently awaiting: Dragon's Dogma
#4ReceiverxWisdomPosted 4/10/2012 8:42:32 AM
^ Very true, I mean if you look at it from a MGS perspective I thought clones was infertile or 'unable' to reproduce.

Now Wesker has a son....WHAT THE.....blew my mind when I heard that, more than the Ada news @_____@
---
#5VolcanoBoulderPosted 4/10/2012 9:14:09 AM
She wears blue instead of red and looks a lot younger. It's clearly not the real Ada.

...At first this was meant as a joke post, but now I'm thinking that could actually be Capcom's intention...
---
"Cry some more, cub. You're just shivering right now because I'm crashing into your little party and you know you can't argue with me." -- Goldsickle
#6TixusPosted 4/10/2012 9:28:00 AM
This is very reminiscent of when IGN said it was Sherry and people were skeptical. They turned out to be spot on about Sherry, and the fact that Ada would appear. People didn't believe it because there was no official confirmation, but they were right about everything else their source had told them at the time.

Wesker having a son named Jake is too accurate to have been just a wild guess. Since the person was right about that, this Carla business is probably also true. There's one other piece to consider: According to the original leak (In which everything else has now been confirmed to be true), there would be a fourth scenario where you play as Ada after you finished everything else, perhaps similar to Separate Ways. If New Ada is the badguy in the game, it would make a lot of sense that Real Ada would be going on her own behind-the-scenes mission to try and clear her name.

Also, I noticed that the developers referred to "Ada" as "mysterious character" in one interview. They said "You'll see this mysterious character throwing the ball with syringes." It may be circumstantial, but if the character's identity was not meant to be Ada, they have more reason to not refer to her by name.
---
"Don't worry, I don't have low self esteem...I have low esteem of everyone else."
-Daria
#7VolcanoBoulderPosted 4/10/2012 9:33:49 AM
Great post, Tixus! I was thinking the exact same things, and you stated my thoughts more eloquently than I could have. :)
---
"Cry some more, cub. You're just shivering right now because I'm crashing into your little party and you know you can't argue with me." -- Goldsickle
#8ReceiverxWisdomPosted 4/10/2012 9:33:59 AM
She wears blue instead of red and looks a lot younger. It's clearly not the real Ada.

That is discredited, Chris doesn't have to wear green all the time to be easily identified facially instead of with his/her favorite color, so her wearing blue is moot point...afterall she has a trademark 'red scarf' going by that logic.

People can look younger than they are supposed to it's called botox, fixes that face up good LOL nah I'm kidding, but Ada must have taken care of herself over the years. I seen 50 year olds that look younger than her in actual real life.
---
#9Ivan_CroftPosted 4/10/2012 10:06:50 AM
ReceiverxWisdom posted...

That is discredited, Chris doesn't have to wear green all the time to be easily identified facially instead of with his/her favorite color, so her wearing blue is moot point...afterall she has a trademark 'red scarf' going by that logic.

People can look younger than they are supposed to it's called botox, fixes that face up good LOL nah I'm kidding, but Ada must have taken care of herself over the years. I seen 50 year olds that look younger than her in actual real life.

Yeah, but this is a videogame, and it wouldn't be the first time subtle or not-so-subtle differences like this are intentional.
---
"And beyond myriad rebirths, the demise of the soul awaits."
- Hrist Valkyrie
#10MakoChanXPosted 4/10/2012 10:14:42 AM
I REALLY hope this is true. I LIKE Ada, I DON'T WANT TO KILL HER!
---
Watch and you'll see, some day I'll be, part of your world.