Insensitive to the Chinese people

#1kanto_wandererPosted 4/11/2012 4:13:05 PM
Seriously, has Capcom learned nothing through their polarizing the African communities with RE5? The history between Japan and China has long been sordid, so it at least makes sense for their having a negative perspective on them and giving them hell the best they know how. Maybe by the end of the game, the entire country will be infected and America will have to drop nukes on em. Bet that would make Capcom REAL happy.
#2iovandrakePosted 4/11/2012 4:17:00 PM
What I find offensive is how some people think only Americans, Europeans or otherwise ethnically indistinguishable people must be the victims of Resident Evil games and heaven forbid any other place (which just so happen to have little ethnic diversity) should be the victims then it's racist... I mean seriously.
#3dragonstar13Posted 4/11/2012 4:19:12 PM
Uninspired troll topic
---
Abel is probably to Xenosaga what Neo was to the Matrix. - archmageraist
Claimed Misha Arsellec Lune and Lyner Barsett
#4kanto_wanderer(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2012 4:19:20 PM
Not really. The game's (or viruses, to be more specific) had already originated there. Therefore, the rest of the world had to have become infected and thus corrupted by those two continents.
#5iovandrakePosted 4/11/2012 4:22:47 PM
kanto_wanderer posted...
Not really. The game's (or viruses, to be more specific) had already originated there. Therefore, the rest of the world had to have become infected and thus corrupted by those two continents.

No my point was anytime a RE game set in Africa or China is somehow racist because they have piss poor ethnic diversity. I think it's stupid to deny interesting things from happening in those places because of stupid crybabies who think everything has a racial motivation behind it. If you set anything in Africa it's going to feature a lot of black people. That doesn't make it racist. It says more about the people who think it's racist than the people who set it there.
#6Mikura_DSAPosted 4/11/2012 5:08:37 PM
The point of the game is NO HOPE LEFT in the world. So its an epidemic thats spreading faster than herpes on a Tuesday. I'm sure China might be feeling the effects of the virus, but the world is sure to follow.
---
(\__/)
=( '.' )= TOTORO LOVE
#7monkeypahngPosted 4/11/2012 5:23:18 PM
I don't see them as Chinese people, I see them as zombies...
---
Official Defender of MKRealm. FC: 1719-3458-5336
Follow me on twitter @Jamyfang because you know you love sarcastic comments...
#8avechaPosted 4/11/2012 5:44:22 PM
So going by all of these ridiculous topics, the only people that seem to be allowed to get infected by a virus is white people. Africans aren't allowed (doesn't one of the 3rd world countries have aids anyway?), Asians aren't allowed, Mexicans aren't allowed.
And not including other races would be racist in itself, no?
#9Sombrero_ShadowPosted 4/11/2012 6:29:48 PM
I also will point out this topic makes no sense since this game takes place in America, Europe, and China.
---
Only if you pay me.
#10AnimesetsunaPosted 4/11/2012 6:35:59 PM
When they turn in zombies or whatsoever, do they really look like white people?
---
I am "The God of Conquest"
"The World God Only Knows"