An unlockable 'Lone Wolf' mode would be great.

#1OMGAlienPosted 4/12/2012 10:18:26 AM
Judging from what I have seen and read about the game so far, the three scenarios feature atleast 2 characters each with co-op gameplay in mind. The approach is fine with me as long as the AI is good and isn't overly intrusive. However, I would have preferred to play each campaign scenario with the presence of no additional AI characters to get the sense of isolation, the aspect of being vastly outnumbered with limited resources and the prevalent tension that earlier games like REmake, RE2 or RE:CV provided. With the knowledge that Sheva was out there to revive me, I had no fear of death even in the most difficult setting of RE5.

I would like to see a lone wolf mode akin to Ghost Recon 2: Summit Strike's where you had the ability to play through the missions without AI squadmates. Without additional help, you had to always be on your toes, use stealth prominently and plan attacks carefully. A lone wolf mode should be unlockable in RE6 because not only would it provide enough incentive to play through the campaigns all over again but it would also provide a distinct/different experience. Does anyone remember the original trailer for RE5 where Chris is alone and vastly outnumbered? I feel the original vision would have provided a much more visceral experience with a lot more edge of your seat tension.

Here is the trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILuP43jcaXw

Does anyone else want an unlockable lone wolf mode?
#2CirOnnPosted 4/12/2012 10:28:21 AM
Approved.
#3Dicer7Posted 4/12/2012 10:40:21 AM
OMGAlien posted...
Does anyone remember the original trailer for RE5 where Chris is alone and vastly outnumbered? I feel the original vision would have provided a much more visceral experience with a lot more edge of your seat tension.

Here is the trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILuP43jcaXw

Man I forgot how much better the game looked back then.

I was hoping Leon's scenario would be purely solo in RE6 but even with Helena it will probably be up to Leon to do most of the fighting (I hope). Or maybe the two won't always be together as I was hoping for Chris and Sheva in RE5.
---
PSN/GT: Dicer7
Now Playing: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (360) / Patiently awaiting: Dragon's Dogma
#4OMGAlien(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2012 10:47:34 AM
I think it will be an excellent addition if it is executed properly. I remember that someone had suggested the inclusion of a 'classic mode' with typewriters, item boxes and direly limited resources in addition to an increase in the number of enemies and difficulty for the mode. These facets can be implemented alongside the lone wolf approach to appease fans looking for a more traditional, visceral and tense survival horror experience. Perhaps someone should suggest the idea to Capcom?