Is anyone most likely going to wait for a 'Gold Edition'?

#1OMGAlienPosted 4/12/2012 11:39:10 AM
I will most likely wait an additional 8 months to one year and buy a potential gold edition considering Capcom's cheap DLC tactics. Capcom has lately released bare bones versions of games and then supplemented them with DLC and released new versions containing content that should have been included in the original release in the first place. The original release version of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 for instance was direly lacking in content compared to the likes of the new Mortal Kombat which was jam packed with hefty modes, unlockables and characters/stages.

With the release date moved up and Capcom already mentioning DLC maps that are exclusive to certain retailers, I have a feeling that they are holding back a good amount of content to release as DLC later. I'll take a wait and see approach for now. I hope there is enough content included in the October release to justify the $60 price tag or else I'll spend that money on another game and wait a year to play RE6.
#2finalstrike14Posted 4/12/2012 11:49:56 AM
I doubt I would be able to hold out for Resident Evil 6.
---
"Just imagine something like a Donkey Kong scented candle. Who wouldn't want their home to smell just like some dirty ape?"--- sumostickfigure
#3SexySamSosa67Posted 4/12/2012 12:00:28 PM
Of course I am waiting for the Gold Edition. I waited for UMvC3, RDR GOTY and MK Komplete Edition, Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition.

Saved alot of money
---
50 Cent Is The Greatest Musician Of All Time
Stone Cold Is The Greatest Redneck Of All Time
#4devastatorX2Posted 4/12/2012 12:01:19 PM
Why not just sell the old one when a new one is announced?

---
Friends don't let friends be Leaf fans.
#5DeathBlitzPosted 4/12/2012 12:03:50 PM
finalstrike14 posted...
#6turtles1236Posted 4/12/2012 12:05:03 PM
Why not just dlc share with a friend who will buy it anyway?
---
Petition: The modern day equivalence of a 5 year old childish temper tantrum.
#7OMGAlien(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2012 12:09:23 PM
It is always tempting to purchase high profile games like RE6 when they are originally released but after being disappointed by purchases which felt incomplete and lacking in content where additional DLC and new versions added insult to injury, I have decided to take a wait and see approach with many high profile games particularly those by Capcom. With the increasing prevalence of 'Game of the Year edition' or 'Complete edition' releases, I now feel that you will be rewarded nicely and find more value in your purchases if you are patient enough to wait.
#8JunDagekiPosted 4/12/2012 12:10:55 PM(edited)
oh hell no. i am not gonna wait almost 1 year just for some little extra content, the wait is not worth it. by that time i wont care and i will forget that i spent 60 bucks 8 months ago and i would probably have plenty money to buy it as well.

also there's a chance the content could be DLC like they did in RE5, if this happen then the long wait for a golden edition was a complete waste of time. so no.
---
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
#9Dicer7Posted 4/12/2012 12:18:02 PM
finalstrike14 posted...

This. As long as the DLC is mainly costumes, merc characters and levels I won't really care about not having the full package. I just want to play the main game.
---
PSN/GT: Dicer7
Now Playing: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (360) / Patiently awaiting: Dragon's Dogma
#10OmegaPillowPosted 4/12/2012 12:20:28 PM
SexySamSosa67 posted...
Of course I am waiting for the Gold Edition. I waited for UMvC3, RDR GOTY and MK Komplete Edition, Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition.

Saved alot of money

Smart man, i tend to do the same
---
Psn: An_Axe_Murderer capcoms defense force damage control on sfxt::http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/999533-street-fighter-x-tekken/62143163