Is Capcom just that lazy with the NPCs these days?

#41YunFang1130Posted 4/25/2012 9:47:40 PM
randyc80 posted...
Actually, regarding the Piers instead of Jill issue, I am wondering if the reason Piers is Chris's partner in this game is the developers sort of grooming a younger character to eventually take Chris's place in the series if need be.

I think so. According to Piers' profile; he's already seen by Chris to be his "successor" for the BSAA, so I wouldn't be surprised. I think Piers will have a big role in RE6 as Chris's partners unlike the previous ones. I don't remember where I read it, but I remember reading an article mentioning Piers keeping Chris in check during the story.

New favorite character X3.
#42Sir_HaxorPosted 4/25/2012 10:49:30 PM(edited)
Mister_Zurkon posted...
Plant42 posted...
Mister_Zurkon posted...
You guys are missing an obvious solution to the Jill/Claire not being in 6 problem...

DLC! Capcom LOVES DLC, We'll Probably get whole Packs Dedicated to Jill/Parker and Claire with Whoever.

There is no way DLC sections would even touch the length of screentime and importance the other protagonists got.

Depends really. Some DLC packs have just as much story content as the main game, and sometimes even more character development.

That's a great idea! Lets leave out the staple characters and give Crapcpcom excuses to make DLC! Genius!

Crapcpcom always does an amazing job with their DLC. Time to rip some suckers off!

Man I'm so happy that my classic RE was safe from this DLC infested generation of gaming. I can see it now: Super RE2: Arcade Edition Gold: 4th survivor mode.
---
Official Luddite Commander of the Resident Evil 6 board
3DS FC: 0559-6940-0140
#43randyc80Posted 4/25/2012 11:25:05 PM
Sir_Haxor posted...
Mister_Zurkon posted...
Plant42 posted...
Mister_Zurkon posted...

Man I'm so happy that my classic RE was safe from this DLC infested generation of gaming. I can see it now: Super RE2: Arcade Edition Gold: 4th survivor mode.

Yeah, because it's not like after the success of RE they came out with RE: Director's Cut, RE Extreme Battle Mode, RE: Director's Cut Dual Shock, and even REmake. Oh wait....

Seriously though, I hate DLC and I would like to see it done away with, but let's not pretend that the industry has changed that much....it was about making money back in the mid to late 90's and it is still about making money today.
#44Sir_HaxorPosted 4/25/2012 11:51:47 PM
randyc80 posted...
Sir_Haxor posted...
Mister_Zurkon posted...
Plant42 posted...
Mister_Zurkon posted...

Yeah, because it's not like after the success of RE they came out with RE: Director's Cut, RE Extreme Battle Mode, RE: Director's Cut Dual Shock, and even REmake. Oh wait....

Seriously though, I hate DLC and I would like to see it done away with, but let's not pretend that the industry has changed that much....it was about making money back in the mid to late 90's and it is still about making money today.

You're comparing a remake(wtf), and a director's cut made to compensate fans, which included a demo for RE2, with a Gold edition that included left out multiplayer and alternate modes? That very same director's cut mixed up the original single player layout as well. Did RE5's change anything?

The only one I can give you is the dual shock ver, which is still nothing compared to lost game modes.

Above all, there will be disk locked content included in this game. Again, I didn't pay extra for 4th Survivor.
---
#45randyc80Posted 4/26/2012 12:54:57 AM
Sir_Haxor posted...
randyc80 posted...
Sir_Haxor posted...
Mister_Zurkon posted...
Plant42 posted...
Mister_Zurkon posted...

You're comparing a remake(wtf), and a director's cut made to compensate fans, which included a demo for RE2, with a Gold edition that included left out multiplayer and alternate modes? That very same director's cut mixed up the original single player layout as well. Did RE5's change anything?

The only one I can give you is the dual shock ver, which is still nothing compared to lost game modes.

Above all, there will be disk locked content included in this game. Again, I didn't pay extra for 4th Survivor.

No, I was pointing out that this new edition with "extras" isn't exclusive to this new generation of consoles. Want another example? How many versions of Street Fighter II are there?

I won't complain too much about the DLC for RE5. Lost in Nightmares and Desperate Escape were both quality add ons, and I was just happy that I could download them with little cost instead of having to go out and repurchase the entire game.

I'm not going to argue that DLC sucks because I honestly hate it too. I want developers to release finished, complete products that don't have glitches and that I can unlock extras by beating the game instead of having to purchase later. My point was just that game companies aren't more greedy than they used to be, they just have new ways to pilfer our pockets.

...and for the record, I'm glad they made REmake because that is my favorite game in the entire series.
#46Sir_HaxorPosted 4/26/2012 1:18:51 AM
randyc80 posted...
Sir_Haxor posted...
randyc80 posted...
Sir_Haxor posted...
Mister_Zurkon posted...
Plant42 posted...
Mister_Zurkon posted...

No, I was pointing out that this new edition with "extras" isn't exclusive to this new generation of consoles. Want another example? How many versions of Street Fighter II are there?

I won't complain too much about the DLC for RE5. Lost in Nightmares and Desperate Escape were both quality add ons, and I was just happy that I could download them with little cost instead of having to go out and repurchase the entire game.

I'm not going to argue that DLC sucks because I honestly hate it too. I want developers to release finished, complete products that don't have glitches and that I can unlock extras by beating the game instead of having to purchase later. My point was just that game companies aren't more greedy than they used to be, they just have new ways to pilfer our pockets.

...and for the record, I'm glad they made REmake because that is my favorite game in the entire series.

I'm going to disagree with you on that point. Game companies are able to get away with this because consumers continue to support the practices. Capcom drove the fighting market into the ground from constant milking. Now it's an industry standard.

And it doesn't help when gamers continue to ask for MORE DLC, especially from the very company known to rip them off.

My original point, I'm glad I didn't have to worry about paying for bonus games in the classics.
---
#47randyc80Posted 4/26/2012 1:22:59 AM
Sir_Haxor posted...
randyc80 posted...
Sir_Haxor posted...
randyc80 posted...
Sir_Haxor posted...
Mister_Zurkon posted...
Plant42 posted...
Mister_Zurkon posted...

I'm going to disagree with you on that point. Game companies are able to get away with this because consumers continue to support the practices. Capcom drove the fighting market into the ground from constant milking. Now it's an industry standard.

And it doesn't help when gamers continue to ask for MORE DLC, especially from the very company known to rip them off.

My original point, I'm glad I didn't have to worry about paying for bonus games in the classics.

Well, I can agree there. If it makes you feel any better, the only DLC that I have ever paid for is the RE5 extra scenarios. I have downloaded a few freebies here and there, but other than that I don't even bother with any of the DLC....it's not worth my time or money.