Why you hate Resident Evil

#1ItsAboutStylePosted 4/26/2012 12:53:57 AM
A place where you can vent all you'd like about what you hate about the series, and where it's headed. Feel free to let your opinion be heard in this topic.

I personally still really like the franchise, and am fine with where it's headed. I still enjoy playing the games, because I find them fun. Not everyone feels this way obviously, so now you can congregate here and discuss why you now dislike, or hate, the franchise.
---
You aren't exactly Mister Current Affairs are you, Tommy? "Mad Fist" went mad, and "The Gun," shot himself.
#2deathjr96Posted 4/26/2012 12:56:45 AM

The only hing I hate about Resident Evil are the fans complaining so much. I enjoy every Resident Evil game, and this one looks like it's going to be amazing

#3edward18Posted 4/26/2012 1:28:12 AM
RE4. Then 5 continued the crappy gameplay. And 6 ain't lookin' much better.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#4Sir_HaxorPosted 4/26/2012 1:32:49 AM
I hate shooters. RE is now a shooter. That is all.
---
Official Luddite Commander of the Resident Evil 6 board
3DS FC: 0559-6940-0140
#5largerockPosted 4/26/2012 1:45:56 AM
Because its still alive.
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#6ItsAboutStyle(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2012 1:48:49 AM
How'd you guys feel about Revelations? Do you think they made some steps in the right direction, steps more suited for your preference? Or do you feel it's pretty much the same as RE4 and 5?
---
You aren't exactly Mister Current Affairs are you, Tommy? "Mad Fist" went mad, and "The Gun," shot himself.
#7mr_metalhead666Posted 4/26/2012 5:53:24 AM(edited)
ItsAboutStyle posted...
How'd you guys feel about Revelations? Do you think they made some steps in the right direction, steps more suited for your preference? Or do you feel it's pretty much the same as RE4 and 5?

Revelations is easily better than RE5 and probably RE4. It's how a new modern RE game should be.

It takes all classic RE elements and blends them into a game that newcomers can adjust to easy. It had flaws but it was on the right track.

RE6 just looks like another action game.
---
Killing is my Business..........And Business is Good
#8squiggy9996999Posted 4/26/2012 5:59:49 AM
^more like two 10 hour action/horror games bundled with a 10 hour survival horror game, if they are telling the truth.
#9topherous86Posted 4/26/2012 8:40:21 AM
If one truly hated Resident Evil, they wouldn't be on this board. I don't hate it at all, I'm a multi-genre gamer. As long as the story's good, in my opinion of course, I'll play it. Resident Evil's ALWAYS had an action-y tone, I don't understand why people complain so much. Games change with the times. And the game making business is a money making business. If you want the classic gameplay for nostalgic purposes, then you should have not traded in your old games or should download them again. Capcom's been pretty good at re-releasing the classic games for those old school gamers.
#10Plant42Posted 4/26/2012 8:57:05 AM
Revelations was absolute crap. Horrible characters, a dull ship for atmosphere, terrible enemies and just plain boring gameplay. Give me the classic or the new games any day over some horrible attempt at a hybrid.