So I can't be the only one that thinks RE6 sounds like bad fanfic.

#1mr_metalhead666Posted 4/30/2012 5:45:53 PM(edited)
I mean...

Wesker actually having a son?
Ada cloning herself?
Two main protagonists fighting each other?

Something I'd expect from Star Wars. I think they could've come up with better ideas.
---
Killing is my Business..........And Business is Good
#2VolcanoBoulderPosted 4/30/2012 5:49:17 PM
Leon and Chris fighting each other isn't really that bad. It could make sense with the proper context.

But yeah, this game's plot sounds incredibly stupid so far. Not much worse than that of the previous installments, though.
---
"Leon survived his encounter with the boulder in RE4. He would be against punching the boulder and would rather take it in for questioning." -- kilo47
#3edward18Posted 4/30/2012 5:50:14 PM
Of course it sounds like fanfic crap

Though when was it said that Ada cloned herself?
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#4Plant42Posted 4/30/2012 5:51:32 PM
Can't be worse than Emperor Palpatine, Napoleon and Osama Bin Laden on steroids kidnapping the President's daugter and using a mind controlling parasite on her.
#5mr_metalhead666(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 5:51:37 PM
edward18 posted...
Of course it sounds like fanfic crap

Though when was it said that Ada cloned herself?

The same guy that predicted the new character was Jake Muller also stated that Ada cloned herself.

I think her name is Carla or something.
---
#6ShadowlinkexPosted 4/30/2012 5:52:16 PM
Agreed with the first 2 points; these are just Capcom's desperate times. Even so, they know they can get away with the "OEEMGEE GUYS, RE IN THE TITLE, INSTA-BUY" scheme.

Third point, doesn't sound bad. Bout' time actually but I feel we were revealed to their confrontation a bit too soon.
---
2012 - Capcom made me a happy Steve.
I owe you one!! - http://tinyurl.com/bsaajeeeeell
#7Dicer7Posted 4/30/2012 5:58:17 PM
VolcanoBoulder posted...
Leon and Chris fighting each other isn't really that bad. It could make sense with the proper context.

But yeah, this game's plot sounds incredibly stupid so far. Not much worse than that of the previous installments, though.

Yeah, imo RE has always had a pretty corny plot if you're looking at it on paper.

And I've heard a rumor that Carla isn't really a proper clone of Ada but rather an experimental shape-shifting B.O.W. made from the C-virus. Just putting that out there.
---
PSN/GT: Dicer7
#8mr_metalhead666(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 6:01:07 PM
The reason why the story wasn't bad in previous RE games is because the whole story really never took itself seriously. It was a cheesy B-Script storyline.

Then RE5 came along with a story that tried to take itself seriously and it was just a joke. RE6 looks it's trying even harder to be serious. Capcom are even calling is 'Dramatic Horror.'
---
#9PaladinCecilPosted 4/30/2012 6:13:52 PM
It seems like the big name game companies in Japan that have been around since at least the 90s are all treating their IPs as a chance to create games with bad fanfiction storylines. Squeenix allowed Toriyama to do it to Parasite Eve with 3rd Birthday and Final Fantasy X with FFX-2. Konami has been allowing (or perhaps forcing) various developers to do it to the Silent Hill series after Silent Hill 4. Capcom is already having Ninja Theory do it to Devil May Cry with DmC, but Resident Evil is the most obvious with them.

Starting with Resident Evil 5, the team has been obsessed with the male characters, and go out of their way to treat the female characters like they're nothing more than support characters to boost the cred of the male characters. This is a series that once had the men and women treated as equals. It's at its worst with the poor treatment of Jill and Claire, since while Chris and Leon get to be "cool" and the stars, Jill and Claire have been turned into little more than a mix of damsels in distress and "has-beens."

Their complete exclusion from Resident Evil 6 is the clearest evidence that the team approaches this game and the rest of the series as a chance to force their bad fanfic ideas onto it. If the game was meant to be a proper celebration of the series' anniversary, it would star Chris, Jill, Leon and Claire, since they launched the series. Instead, the team only focuses on the male characters and forces the women to stay out of the game, something you would only see from people with an agenda.

Even if they had statistics suggesting consumers only like Chris and Leon (hint: they don't, in fact all the added Jill DLC to RE5 is proof that she's more popular than Chris), that would be complete bull to pull in an anniversary game. Either all four of them are in the game, or Resident Evil 6 is actually an insult to the series and not a tribute at all. Except, of course, in the minds of Chris and Leon fanboys that have no respect for any other characters, which seems to include the Resident Evil team themselves.
---
"Without me along, who will heal you when you're hurt?" - Rosa Farrell, Final Fantasy IV
#10vhunter14Posted 4/30/2012 6:19:31 PM
There is a snowball's chance in hell that DmC is a fanfic somewhere, nothing in that is remotely attracting plot or character wise..from what we heard anyway.
---
Official Nemesis Of the UMVC3 Board...S.T.A.R.S.