Who here actually ....... enjoys Resident Evil?

#1Cloud576Posted 4/30/2012 10:19:01 PM
Every time I pick up a Resident Evil game, i know I'm going to enjoy it. I can't say that for many other game series. Whenever I play a Resident Evil game, whether it's the old games or the new games, TPS or on-rails, I know I'm going to have fun for the next few hours.

Being here on these boards (and most game boards), it's just sad that it seems like so many people can get hung up on small things that it prevents them from enjoying playing the game for what it is.

Games, to me, are a small escape from the boredom of every-day life. Like movies, but interactive. I guess most people don't share that view.
---
"I wear a stetson now. Stetson's are cool."
#2randyc80Posted 4/30/2012 10:33:20 PM
There have been a few of the side games that were only worth one play through for me, but I agree with you. Quality experience every time with this series.
#3Dicer7Posted 4/30/2012 10:36:01 PM
Even if I'm critical of them I still enjoy the hell out of them... well most of them. RE5 may have been a disappointment but it was a fun game to play in the end. I've even had some fun with ORC though a lot of people seem to think of it as an abomination of the series.
---
PSN/GT: Dicer7
#4VolcanoBoulderPosted 4/30/2012 10:50:32 PM(edited)
To be honest, I only really like 1, 2, 3, and 4... but I LOVE 1, 2, 3, and 4. :D
---
"Leon survived his encounter with the boulder in RE4. He would be against punching the boulder and would rather take it in for questioning." -- kilo47
#5Darth XelleonPosted 4/30/2012 10:57:20 PM
I used to...

CVX and REmake were my favorite games in the series.
Then came 4 which was a GREAT game on it's own, but... it just didn't feel like Resident Evil.
---
Official Rydia's husband of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection Boards
#6squiggy9996999Posted 5/1/2012 7:28:22 AM
i enjoy PLAYING the games, but they are as stupid as a stupid game can be. i roll my eyes regularly when watching the ham-fisted stories.

i can't decide what is worse: Wesker and Chris cutscenes or leon's non-stop stream of awful one liners. :P
#7edward18Posted 5/1/2012 11:54:21 AM
The latter.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#8deathjr96Posted 5/1/2012 1:21:07 PM

I'm like TC, I've enjoyed every RE game I've played

#9NassaDanePosted 5/1/2012 4:29:51 PM
I do actually enjoy RE. At least the old ones. The new ones are ok games but the old ones just play much better and are more fun. Plus the stories are great. It was my favorite vg series for a reason.

I was also wondering this same question though. Everyone is this big fan of the games yet they seem to not be able to stand anything from the series and hate on every aspect. I guess to be a fan you don't have to actually like the thing any more.
---
"Ignorance is Bliss"
#10ItsAboutStylePosted 5/1/2012 4:56:15 PM
I love the main series titles (except CVX, which I hate, and RE5, which I think is fun but quite a disappointment). I hate most of the spinoffs, because they tend to lack polish and usually end up being garbage (with the exception of a couple). I even enjoy the awful movies.
---
You aren't exactly Mister Current Affairs are you, Tommy? "Mad Fist" went mad, and "The Gun," shot himself.