Fans love Jake but hate Alice

#1dropzone20Posted 5/1/2012 10:01:02 AM
Yes, I started out disliking the movie series but I accept them as an alternate universe. That said, the inclusion of Jakey-boy in RE6 has fans excited to use Wesker's powers to kung-fu the badguys. Isn't this the reason why fans hated super-powered Alice from the movies?

The super-powers really killed the horror vibe in the films. Now that the games are ACTION based Capcom has decided to capitalize on Wesker's popluarity by playing as a "Good Wesker-ish" guy.

For me, I can't stand "Chosen One" hero archtypes. I'm totally neutral on the movie vs. games issue but why are fans ready to accept Jake but not Alice?
#2gamefan190Posted 5/1/2012 10:19:23 AM
Those movies shouldn't exist.............................except Sienna Guillory in Jill clothes. :)
---
"It's not Death you should fear." - War
#3MyMentorSnakePosted 5/1/2012 11:08:29 AM
Yea what gamefan said :)
---
I will not change this sig till i be able to perform a 540 roundhouse kick!
The Official Tomahawk of the AC:lll Boards
#4Mister_ZurkonPosted 5/1/2012 11:49:30 AM
Jake is already taken down by Ada's goons in trailer 2, Alice hasn't been phased in 5 movies.
---
I prefer Genaro's. But what do I know? I'm a bear. I suck the heads off fish! - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
#5randyc80Posted 5/1/2012 11:50:37 AM
I have seen plenty of people on this board already express that they hate Jake and the whole idea of him being Wesker's son. That being said, I am fairly confident that you are correct TC, and more people are willing to give Jake a try than the number of people who like Alice and the RE movies.

The fact is though, we really don't knows exactly what powers or abilities Jake has. Until we get to play some of the game, I'm sure most people just don't know exactly what to make of him and we will have to wait until after the release to find out.

We don't even know if this is a "Chosen One" storyline. Everything I've seen so far suggests that Jake cares more about money than people and he isn't exactly a willing participant in all this "special blood" stuff except for how he might profit from it. Time will tell with this character, though.

...and by the way, I really liked the first RE movie. It was a fun watch.
#6edward18Posted 5/1/2012 11:51:37 AM
That kind of crap's fine for flawed characters. Not for pure heroes in survival horror.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#7finalstrike14Posted 5/1/2012 1:09:09 PM
Basically because Alice is a mary sue who has absolutely no trouble fighting and killing anything (with the exception of wesker, who actually managed to beat the sue out of her.

Besides the only thing we know so far about jake is that he is a mercenary and wesker's son. I'll wait until I play the game and judge for myself.
---
"Just imagine something like a Donkey Kong scented candle. Who wouldn't want their home to smell just like some dirty ape?"--- sumostickfigure
#8deathjr96Posted 5/1/2012 1:22:45 PM

Because Alice also had Psychic powers and she was one of the most annoying characters ever. Jake seems pretty cool

#9KeJo6Posted 5/1/2012 1:29:34 PM
Jake hasn't been shown to have any Deus Ex Machina level superpowers has he?
---
Do not delude yourself, wretched fool!
PSN: KeJo13
#10jsquad4136Posted 5/1/2012 1:31:07 PM
Jake has something that 'Alice' hasn't grown in 4 damn movies.....PERSONALITY.
---
"I haven't been a child since I was 9 years old."