Who on this board misses/loved Outbreak online?

#1ResidentCharliePosted 5/1/2012 5:24:16 PM
I am a HUGE Outbreak fan and miss playing it online.

RE5 left a bad taste in my mouth. I didn't like being teathered to your partner 100% of the time. It was decent and it had its moments, but I didn't feel the fear and anxiety that I wouldn't survive. Checkpoints and invisible gun stores really was a buzzkill to the atmosphere.

I digress. I'm not here to bash RE5, or you RE6 fans. I'm curious who here misses Outbreak. I'd love to hear your opinions on how old school Outbreak compares to the current RE titles. Would an Outbreak 3 be well received by the RE community?
---
Resident Evil Outbreak on Facebook: http://tccd.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5877472758
#2Plant42Posted 5/1/2012 5:26:56 PM
I miss Outbreak. I love how it was large enough that you could completely lose your partners and never see them to the very end. I've had so many good memories with that game. And I already know they will never recapture that feeling, ORC was proof enough of that.
#3randyc80Posted 5/1/2012 5:32:11 PM
I never really liked Outbreak, but I think that had a lot to do with the fact that I never got to play it online. I always had to play solo with the idiotic AI.

I think Outbreak 3 would be well received, but I don't think it is ever going to happen. At this point, the closest you are probably going to get is ORC....and by that I mean not very close.
#4GoldsicklePosted 5/1/2012 5:37:46 PM
I have always seen Outbreak as "setting out to do it right".

You can control the characters with the 360 analog scheme, you have a variety of melee weapons to use, you could attack the zombies using hand to hand, innate abilities that sets characters apart (far more than any of the 'canon' games could do) and actually giving the ability to walk-and-shoot.

It's just too bad that overall, the game was poorly executed.
Maybe if they made it less demanding and more straightforward, it would have been more successful.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#5edward18Posted 5/1/2012 6:02:03 PM
Me. I just don't see why they wouldn't put in offline co-op.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#6ItsAboutStylePosted 5/1/2012 6:09:50 PM
I had some fun times playing Outbreak online, but frankly, I don't really miss it.
---
You aren't exactly Mister Current Affairs are you, Tommy? "Mad Fist" went mad, and "The Gun," shot himself.
#7finalstrike14Posted 5/1/2012 7:33:51 PM
Edward: wouldn't offline co-op would be kind of awkward considering the gameplay and camera angles?

As for outbreak, I actually liked it. It wasn't a main game, but it was a nice spinoff. and the difficulty was surprising. I actually liked it despite some of its shortcomings. (though to be honest, I never managed to play online since I didn't have a ps2)
---
"Just imagine something like a Donkey Kong scented candle. Who wouldn't want their home to smell just like some dirty ape?"--- sumostickfigure
#8MorphineChildPosted 5/1/2012 7:38:00 PM
The Outbreak games were hidden gems in both online and offline play. If they ever upscaled them to HD and ported them to PSN or Live I'd buy them up in a second, even without online play.
#9Doom_InfinitePosted 5/1/2012 8:47:25 PM
I like Outbreak, I never got a chance to play it online but always wanted to, single player was still fun but the ai... oh gosh the ai...
---
I am yours to command, point out our foes and step out of my way. - Adam, Shining Force
#10Jenny-crPosted 5/1/2012 10:18:19 PM
I love outbreak! i didn't have the chance to play it online but it's one of my favourite games ever!
---
PSN: Jenny_Redfield84