a little hope/venting

#1khmaster15Posted 5/4/2012 1:32:19 PM
I hate the fact capcom said that modern warfare is so big now and that they decided to make the RE series kinda like that now, taking out the horror factor.

I can deal with it but I hope that controls won't make a drastic change like operation raccoon city.
I mean as unrealistic as it is, I love standing the, aiming, and shooting. but they made it in ORC so you run and gun (real life).
for one it's a videogame, leave out realistic crap, 2 if you want to play with those controls then play a first person shooter.

ok I'm done QQ'ing.
#2N00B2000Posted 5/4/2012 2:57:40 PM
Move and shoot is confirmed!

Que fanboy rage in 3...2...1....
#3MakoChanXPosted 5/4/2012 3:23:18 PM
It really is down to personal opinion.
I guess i'm lucky, I really enjoy both the classic and recent games, and the series story on the whole. The only one I cannot stand is ORC, because it is a buggy, 5 minute long mess, which I honestly think was a last minute ditch to win over FPS masses in time for 6.
---
Watch and you'll see, some day I'll be, part of your world.
#4GoldsicklePosted 5/4/2012 3:41:13 PM

I can deal with it but I hope that controls won't make a drastic change like operation raccoon city.
I mean as unrealistic as it is, I love standing the, aiming, and shooting. but they made it in ORC so you run and gun (real life).
for one it's a videogame, leave out realistic crap, 2 if you want to play with those controls then play a first person shooter.

It's funny how three years ago, Luddites were supporting stop-to-shoot mechanics because they claim that it's supposed to be more realistic then walk-and-shoot instead.

Even after I showed several shooting drill videos where it's physically possible to move about while shooting and even real advice from police to move back while shooting, the usual Luddites still won't listen.

After walk-and-shoot have finally been included in Mercenaries 3D, Revelations and 6, all this stand-to-shoot defense has died.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#5khmaster15(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2012 6:45:17 PM
k obviously you didn't play mercenaries or revelations
#6GoldsicklePosted 5/4/2012 6:48:34 PM

Both Mercenaries and Revelations allow you to walk and shoot.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#7edward18Posted 5/4/2012 6:50:17 PM
If it's Goldsickle you're talking to, just ignore him. There's no reasoning.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#8N00B2000Posted 5/4/2012 6:56:18 PM
Goldsickle posted...

He got you there. Although you had to have the peripheral device for them. otherwise it was just move and re-lode. Still a huge step forward.
#9edward18Posted 5/4/2012 6:58:22 PM
Outbreak File 2 had moving and shooting. Not anything new.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#10khmaster15(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2012 7:10:29 PM
Goldsickle posted...

i have mercs and have played the revelations demo, unless changing the control type switches it somehow, you cant run and gun.

if you meant you can move without aiming, grats for you, exept thats not what i meant