Do you think Sherry is only there because of what happened last game?

#1ragnardemonPosted 5/4/2012 5:01:17 PM
With the people getting hyped over what was actually Jill because of Capcom misleading everyone? It was a lot more widespread that when 4 was in development.
#2randyc80Posted 5/4/2012 5:25:40 PM
Probably not. It makes more sense to bring Sherry back during Leon's "turn". She never really had a connection to Chris or Jill.

If you remember, there was a lot of negative reaction when the girl in RE4 ended up being a new character (Ashley) instead of Sherry.

I seriously doubt that Capcom lurks on these boards to see what the passionate minority thinks about plot ideas...and yes, no matter what your views on this series are, you are part of a passionate minority. The bulk of people who play these games don't come to these boards.
#3edward18Posted 5/4/2012 5:50:56 PM
Sherry was more Claire's story than Leon's.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#4Mister_ZurkonPosted 5/4/2012 6:12:37 PM
But Sherry is the Reason Leon is where he is now.
---
I prefer Genaro's. But what do I know? I'm a bear. I suck the heads off fish! - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
#5edward18Posted 5/4/2012 6:22:10 PM
and good for him. Claire's the one Sherry always said "she'd come back for me" with and all that stuff.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
#6VolcanoBoulderPosted 5/4/2012 6:25:02 PM
Leon's the reason why Sherry wasn't sold into slavery (or whatever) by the US government, though.
---
"Leon survived his encounter with the boulder in RE4. He would be against punching the boulder and would rather take it in for questioning." -- kilo47
#7edward18Posted 5/4/2012 6:27:14 PM
And as I said, good for him. Still way more of a connection emotionally to Claire.
---
#8ElusionM_08Posted 5/4/2012 10:05:30 PM(edited)
VolcanoBoulder posted...
Leon's the reason why Sherry wasn't sold into slavery (or whatever) by the US government, though.

Nope. If anything, Leon is the cause why Sherry went through all that in the first place. He snatched Sherry away from Claire (as evident in the epilogues, once in Claire's and then in Sherry's where all Sherry wants is Claire to return).

Sherry is back because Capcom finally remembered her. Has little to nothing to do with Leon. In fact, in the trailer the two don't even seem excited to see each other, no hello, no hug, no whats up, no nothing but "Sherry, what are you doing here?" and her response "I'm on protected detail, why are you here?"

That said, Sherry is bound to recognize Chris by his last name especially since she was closer to a "Redfield" in the past. This is why I wanted/want Capcom to have made this Chris/Leon/Sherry/Claire/Steve all together in one game, because all are linked to each other in some way or the other (except Steve/Leon I guess, which is self explanatory).
---
ElusionM: Resident Evil classics never gave me any input delay
squiggy9996999: you act like you never opened a door, jumped down a ledge or climbed a ladder
#9VolcanoBoulderPosted 5/4/2012 10:07:57 PM
ElusionM_08 posted...
Nope. If anything, Leon is the cause why Sherry went through all that in the first place. He snatched Sherry away from Claire (as evident in the epilogues, once in Claire's and then in Sherry's where all Sherry wants is Claire to return).

Really...? Didn't know that. Only familiar with the explanation in Darkside Chronicles.
---
"Leon survived his encounter with the boulder in RE4. He would be against punching the boulder and would rather take it in for questioning." -- kilo47
#10finalstrike14Posted 5/4/2012 10:56:32 PM
Claire left sherry in Leon's care to go off to Europe to find her brother.

Leon and sherry later get picked up by the Goverment, and they get Leon to join them using Sherry as leverage.

And besides, we just saw a small bit of their reunion in the trailer, we won't know how their ACTUAL reunion will play out till october.
---
"Just imagine something like a Donkey Kong scented candle. Who wouldn't want their home to smell just like some dirty ape?"--- sumostickfigure