Claire Redfield to be the main character of Resident Evil: Downfall?

#1DampRevilPosted 5/6/2012 3:57:55 PM

Sorry to post this under the Resident Evil 6 forum, but since it kinda relates to Resident Evil 6, I thought I'd post this hear. 

On Digital Spy, there were reports about the alleged existence of "Resident Evil: Degeneration-Damnation-Downfall 3D". The title would appear at the end of this year and accordingly, it would contain Degeneration and Damnation in CG technology, and with the possibility of the Nintendo consoles you could see these two movies in 3D. Initial reports indicate that Downfall would be a new game that takes place between the events of Resident Evil 5 and Resident Evil 6. The player would control Claire Redfield who would witness the "downfall" of humanity. The information was quickly removed from the website and Capcom has not confirmed anything yet. E3 takes place during June 5-7. If Downfall is real, it would probably be officially announced then.

I took a look around on Digital Spy and the website seems to be a very reliable source for new info pertaining to movies, games, etc. I've asked Alyson twice, Digital Spy once, and Capcom once (all over Twitter), and none of them have responded to me.

Here's the link to the site. It's in Polish, so you'll have to translate before you read it!http://www.mwrc.pl/News/News.php

#2VolcanoBoulderPosted 5/6/2012 3:59:35 PM
You just gave me a stiffy.

Congrats.
---
"Leon survived his encounter with the boulder in RE4. He would be against punching the boulder and would rather take it in for questioning." -- kilo47
#3VolcanoBoulderPosted 5/6/2012 4:05:01 PM(edited)
Here's a rough Google translation of the article:

3D Resident Evil: Degeneration-Damnation-Downfall [Rumor]

Resident Evil: Revelations was a real success and the title was very warmly received by fans of the series. Masachika Kawata in an interview said that he would like more games in a series of Resident Evil on the Nintendo portable, ie 3DS'.

In the network there were reports about the alleged existence of "3D Resident Evil: Degeneration-Damnation-Downfall". Title would appear at the end of this year and according to the title would contain two films made in CG technology, and with the possibility of the Nintendo consoles you could see these two movies in 3D. What is the "Downfall"? The first anecdotal reports indicate that the action this time the game would be played out between the events of RE5, and RE6. by player in the Claire Redfield who would witness the "fall" of humanity.

It sounds really interesting, but of course the information was quickly removed from the network (more precisely, from the Digital Spy), and Capcom has not confirmed anything yet. In June (5-7) held the world's largest trade show in Los Angeles that is E3. Then probably the game will be officially announced. Of course, as usual, you have to wait and hope that this year's E3 will be announced Resident Evil sequel.

Thanks for the heads up, DampRevil!
---
"Leon survived his encounter with the boulder in RE4. He would be against punching the boulder and would rather take it in for questioning." -- kilo47
#4DampRevil(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2012 4:13:18 PM

No problem! I got the same translation, I was just trying to re-word it so it would make a little more sense lol

Like I mentioned earlier, Digital Spy seems to be a very reliable source for new media. Judging by the amount of followers they have on Twitter (55,000+), I'm pretty sure they aren't full of it. At the moment though, it is just a rumor still so I'm going to try to keep my expectations low.

#5heartlesshero17Posted 5/6/2012 4:17:04 PM
One of these days I will play revelations when I decide to get a 3DS.

Anyways awesome if this is real
---
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception
#6VolcanoBoulderPosted 5/6/2012 4:17:07 PM
DampRevil posted...
No problem! I got the same translation, I was just trying to re-word it so it would make a little more sense lol

Yeah, I realized that after I went back and reread your first post, haha. I hope it's more than a rumor... honestly, I wouldn't put it past Capcom to release four games from the same franchise in one year.

I liked Revelations, but I hope Downfall is better. If it focuses on a single character, it probably won't have an identity crisis like that one did.
---
#7MakoChanXPosted 5/6/2012 4:29:12 PM
PLEASE be real.
People say because they shipped Claire off to Terra save she would no longer have a reason to appear.
But this setting would be perfect.

Claire fighting for survival whilst humanity crumbles around her. She's the only main that never officially received special training after raccoon city, so my first guess is that it would have to pan out more SURVIVAL horror.

SO MUCH POTENTIAL.
---
Watch and you'll see, some day I'll be, part of your world.
#8VolcanoBoulderPosted 5/6/2012 4:31:51 PM
It would make sense for them to release a Claire game, too. Revelations had Jill, 6 has Leon and Chris... she's the only main character MIA from this year's RE-fest.
---
#9vhunter14Posted 5/6/2012 4:35:37 PM
This is capcom, potential and sense have no place here. So i wouldn't stake my leg on it.
---
Official Nemesis Of the UMVC3 Board...S.T.A.R.S.
#10Cratle2WPosted 5/6/2012 4:36:53 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Claire as a main character again, maybe in RE7 but the Leon fanboys may have a problem with her taking the spotlight from Leon away and call RE7 a poor game.

"Where's my Leon!!? Ohh god nooo!!!!"