Carlos Oliveira should be a main character

#21SSJ_JinPosted 5/7/2012 6:26:07 AM
Cratle2W posted...
SSJ_Jin posted...
I wouldn't mind it, but if he does can he not be ugly as a mofo? In UC and Operation RC he's just looks ugly. I thought he was suppose to be a freakin' underwear model.

I'm straight, btw. lol

EDIT: No offense of course!

Why are you guys so judgemental, based on a characters looks? Like they have to be perfectly suave and handsome in order to be a main character, shame on some of you.
Anyway I woudn't mind seeing Carlos back.

Look at Dante from Devil May Cry and look at Dante from the new DMC and look at the reaction. Then come talk to me.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.110mb.com
#22MidMorningSolPosted 5/7/2012 6:51:13 AM
The original Devil May Cry Dante's look was a mainstay for 4 games and some spin offs. For DmC they gave him a totally different look. I don't think it's a factor of ugliness/handsomeness but rather OMG we don't even recognize this dude as Dante.

Here its "lol most of the RE mainstays are ugly. But we can still recognize them."
#23SSJ_JinPosted 5/7/2012 7:34:04 AM
MidMorningSol posted...
The original Devil May Cry Dante's look was a mainstay for 4 games and some spin offs. For DmC they gave him a totally different look. I don't think it's a factor of ugliness/handsomeness but rather OMG we don't even recognize this dude as Dante.

Here its "lol most of the RE mainstays are ugly. But we can still recognize them."

Look at Dante from Devil May Cry and look at Dante from the new DMC and look at the reaction. Then come talk to me.
---
#24Cratle2WPosted 5/7/2012 7:35:18 AM
^ This, the new Dante is as if they replaced it with a completely different person that we don't even recognize, completely differnet than Judging a character we already know and recognize over growing a little facial hair, change slight skin color, slight wrinkle on the side of their eye, slight hair changes, added little muscle tone do to the advanced technology that whiners complain looks like steroids, compared to the pixelation of the PS days, etc.

Come on now Jin that was a very bad example.
#25largerockPosted 5/7/2012 7:37:38 AM
WithoutJudgment posted...
Carlos is a terrible character. That's an awful idea.

HEY!
You're not supposed to have any judgement!
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#26Cratle2WPosted 5/7/2012 7:43:37 AM
SSJ_Jin posted...
MidMorningSol posted...

And Jin, why do you have to repeat yourself in two post? MidMorningSol made a very good point as to why there would be more controversy over Dante's new appearance since it totally does not look anything like him where as the RE cast we can tell who they are, just slight hair and muscle changes, hell they even keep their signature clothing style color scheme from the original games, Chris, with his green modernized uniforms, Jill's blue clothing, Leon's changed from clothing to RE4 and the loop emo hair has become his signature which will never change, even when he hits 60, he'll still be trying to act like the cool kid with those loopy bangs.
#27SSJ_JinPosted 5/7/2012 8:18:59 AM
Yeah, made a good point alright. I guess people should stop complaining about how Chris looks in RE: Afterlife. We know it's him. So what's the big deal? Heck, why even complain with Nemesis' size in the second film? We know it's him. What's the big deal?

Leon can come in bald in RE7 and everything will be just fine. No one will care.
---
#28CleggyUpdaterPosted 5/7/2012 8:28:39 AM
Nah, we don't need to see Carlos in a game again. He's not relevant to the current story in the slightest. We can assume that after RE3 he went to go and try to live a normal life, like the average person would do.
---
#hash4faqs Let's get it trending!
#29Cratle2WPosted 5/7/2012 8:37:32 AM
SSJ_Jin posted...
Yeah, made a good point alright. I guess people should stop complaining about how Chris looks in RE: Afterlife. We know it's him. So what's the big deal? Heck, why even complain with Nemesis' size in the second film? We know it's him. What's the big deal?

Leon can come in bald in RE7 and everything will be just fine. No one will care.

RE:Afterlife is just a movie Jin, none of the characters form the movies can ever match the characters in the game perfectly and not many people, actors look anything identical to the actual characters, come on use a better example than that. We all know that it's Claire in Degenerations, we know it's Jill in Revelations and RE5, even though they changed her hair color and face looks slightly changed, we know it's her, we still recognize Chris from RE1, RECV through RE5 and 6. He worked out a bit so what, we still know it's him.

Leon on the other hand has had a major change in appearance with each installment, like RE2-RE4/Darkside now in RE6 he's changed but keeps the same RE4 hair for now on, guess when he's an old man the hair piece will help us always know who he is.
#30MidMorningSolPosted 5/7/2012 2:10:05 PM(edited)
SSJ_Jin posted...

Leon can come in bald in RE7.

Leon can come in bald.

Leon can bald.

Leon bald.

I'm not even a hardcore Leon advocate but Leon and bald? Those two mix like oil and vinegar. Ain't gonna happen. It'd be too weird since he wouldn't be able to pull it off. Ahem, yeah about the Dante thing. I dunno, but from my experience when I heard this Dante's line from the DmC trailer I was kinda in disbelief. I was like "Wow, seriously? Two Dantes? I wonder when the original one's going to show up?" lo and behold, this guy's the same Dante that DMC fans know to love. This is supposed to be a prequel and all but he looked so different from his usual self.

The movies are to be taken with a grain of salt now a days. Ever since I saw Street Fighter the movie, I didn't take movie adaptations seriously. Van Damme portraying Guile with a thick ass Austrian accent, hahahah....

People complained about how characters looked in the movie? I don't follow the RE movies but Chris in Afterlife is like....."Hmph. Hollywood." However, when people learned that the big beefy guy in RE5 was Chris people were like "Whoa, his arms are huge!" and "*insert steroid abuse joke here*" Game to game adaptations are heavily scrutinized versus game to movie adaptations which people anticipate f**kups. Yeah Jin why'd you repeat yourself twice? I thought that my answer before was sufficient enough. : /

@VolcanoBoulder Hey, they're pretty realistic granted all the technology that went into Heavy Rain. I love that game. First game I platinum'd. Characters don't look that bad either.

EDIT: Added some more stuff.