Let's discuss 2 - Carlos, Rebecca, Barry, Billy, Hunk, Parker...

#1AnimesetsunaPosted 5/10/2012 5:25:36 AM
Why Carlos only appear in RE3 only?
Why Rebecca only appear in RE0 & RE1?
Why Barry only appear in RE1 & RE3?
Why Billy only appear in RE0?
Why Hunk only appear in RE2?
Why Parker only appear in Revelation?
Why Sheva & Josh only appear in RE5?

The Umbrella Chronicles, The Darkside Chronicles, and Mercenaries are not included.

Topic!
---
I am "The God of Conquest"
Currently Playing: Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City "PS3"
#2mr_metalhead666Posted 5/10/2012 6:26:47 AM
Because Capcom doesn't care about those characters.

People will go on and give stupid as how these character can't back. Rebecca, Barry, Billy, Carlos, Steve and all the other supporting characters could come back. Capcom just doesn't give a s***.
---
Killing is my Business..........And Business is Good
#3RPGSagexPosted 5/10/2012 7:20:34 AM
they are not very smart theres other characters they could bring back but dont theres also people who cam in with carloswho just disappear plus other offside games like dead aim survivor outbreak and orc
#4Hippie84Posted 5/10/2012 8:02:02 AM
It really isn't hard to tie up loose ends. I wish Capcom would.

The epilogues in RE3 were well received. Capcom could do something similar for this game. It would be nice to know where the above characters ended up. And with the Outbreak characters for instance - did any of them survive Raccoon City?
---
Science! Has science ever kissed a woman or won the Super Bowl or put a man on the moon?
#5CleggyUpdaterPosted 5/10/2012 8:28:05 AM
Although it'd be nice to know what happened to the Outbreak characters, they're not really relevant. to the main story so in this case I could understand Capcom ignoring them. Furthermore, one of the best aspects of Outbreak was the multiple endings, leaving it up to player to decide the fate of the characters.

However, there may be a very small chance of them being mentioned in RE6 because the director was also the director of the Outbreak series.

As for Carlos, Billy, etc. they definitely do not 'need' to be in another game. There's just not enough room to squeeze in every character they've ever created into the story for no other reason than to please a few fans. I agree though that Capcom need to explain what happened to Rebecca and possibly Barry though, possibly through a brief epilogue like those in RE3.
---
#hash4faqs Let's get it trending!
#6sbn4Posted 5/10/2012 10:42:25 AM
Carlos only appears in RE3 because he was just hired help to clean up Raccoon City. He has no real ties to other events or characters besides Jill. His issues are pretty resolved. The only thing left to be seen is if he kept in touch with Jill after saving her life. But that's not important.

Billy is an ex-con who is probably still wanted by the USMC for going AWOL. He could potentially return, but I don't see him being reused mainly because all he cared about was surviving.

HUNK has appeared in RE4 and was in ORC. If you mean canon wise, he really doesn't have much going for him outside of him being a faceless mercenary. He's mainly used in mini-games.

Rebecca is not a combatant. She was just a medic who was probably more happy to just be alive after the mansion incident. I would like to see her again. Barry however makes no sense. In the RE3 ending he clearly asks Jill if she's ready to "finish this."

Parker just starred in Revelations. If demand for him is high enough perhaps he'll return. He is said to still work for the BSAA. He's by far the best character the series has introduced in a long time so I hope he returns as well.

Sheva will not be seen again because very few people liked her plain and simple. Josh was just a side character similar to Carlos. He deserves his own game IMO.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#7TurduckenPosted 5/10/2012 12:35:07 PM
Why Carlos only appear in RE3 only?
Why Rebecca only appear in RE0 & RE1?
Why Barry only appear in RE1 & RE3?
Why Billy only appear in RE0?
Why Hunk only appear in RE2?
Why Parker only appear in Revelation?
Why Sheva & Josh only appear in RE5?

Because not every character needs to come back. They're not important/popular/relevant enough to, and if no one ever went away unless they died we'd have a Chrono Cross-size cast.

Although it is a bit strange that Sheva and Josh don't appear to be in RE6, since they're in the BSAA. But hey, Capcom.

Actually, looks like sbn4 said it better than I did.
---
Dog tears are the truest tears of all. SO SAYS MISTER VISION