How long after release date will the Gold Edition with all DLC be released?

#1Coconut_LubePosted 5/15/2012 7:13:53 PM
I don't like wasting money, so I'd rather wait to get the game until the complete DLC version comes out. How long after RE5 was released was the Gold Edition released?
---
Leader of the Anti-Troll Coalition!
RULE #1: ALWAYS POST SERIOUS DISCUSSIONS. NEVER TROLL
#2slapper1Posted 5/15/2012 7:20:40 PM
RE 5's Gold edition released about a year after the original game was available. So for all of the content, you will have to wait about 6 months-a year or so before a fully packaged game is released.
#3randyc80Posted 5/15/2012 11:22:42 PM
If you don't like wasting money, then technically you should never buy a brand new game under ANY circumstances.

It will always drop in price later on and there will be used copies available eventually as well so you will ALWAYS be able to get a better price on a game if time doesn't factor into the equation for you.
#4finalstrike14Posted 5/15/2012 11:42:34 PM
The downside to this is having to avoid spoilers like the plague after its released.
---
"Just imagine something like a Donkey Kong scented candle. Who wouldn't want their home to smell just like some dirty ape?"--- sumostickfigure
#5Coconut_Lube(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2012 5:35:25 AM
randyc80 posted...
If you don't like wasting money, then technically you should never buy a brand new game under ANY circumstances.

I don't.

It will always drop in price later on and there will be used copies available eventually as well so you will ALWAYS be able to get a better price on a game if time doesn't factor into the equation for you.

Will I still be able to play online/multiplayer with a used copy?
---
I'm Regina George.
You're Gretchen Weiners.
#6SSJ_JinPosted 5/16/2012 6:25:58 AM
The Gold Edition will be the first copy you buy. Every "DLC" will be locked on the disc.

Oh, and I'm not joking. Capcom pretty much confirmed this already when discussing the "DLC" for Dragon whatever.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.110mb.com
#7AnimesetsunaPosted 5/16/2012 6:35:35 AM
http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2012/05/14/on_the_topic_of_on-disc_dlc
http://www.gamespot.com/news/capcom-revising-on-disc-dlc-stance-6376788
---
My conquest - 45 girls
Awaiting for Resident Evil 6
#8slapper1Posted 5/16/2012 6:54:47 AM
Coconut_Lube posted...
randyc80 posted...

I don't.

Will I still be able to play online/multiplayer with a used copy?

If you purchase a new copy of the gold edition, then yes, the promotional code for online should be included (Assuming they are using a season's pass bulls*** that everyone is doing now.) If used, then you will most likely have to pay to play online.
#9MakoChanXPosted 5/16/2012 7:32:22 AM
I really couldn't wait for the gold edition. I would end up spoiling the WHOLE game on youtube the day of release or something if I didn't get it myself.

I CAN'T HELP IT! I'M WEAK!!

As for DLC, I will probably buy it ALL. Why? BECAUSE IT'S PRETTY AND I NEED IT!

Damn Capcom._
---
Watch and you'll see, some day I'll be, part of your world.
#10Cobra1010Posted 5/16/2012 10:18:54 AM
Yeah id rather save up money for a new car or better clothes. Im a uni grad and i still need a better job and a girlfriend, wasting money on games is the last thing i need to do.

However, i was happy paying full retail price for games until they introduced DLCs. Now the DLCs can cost as much the base game. So it only makes sense to wait a bit longer and get complete or goty editions cause they include all DLCs up to date along with base game for around half the price of the original retail price.
---
Playing: Killing Floor, BFBC2, Team Fortress 2, L4d2
--Yoichi Wada needs to be fired--