question about the books.

#1Reaper115Posted 5/23/2012 1:17:02 PM
the ones that are written by S.D. Perry, that is. How true are they to the actual games, and are they actually any good? Has anyone here actually read them?
#2WithoutJudgmentPosted 5/23/2012 1:42:52 PM
They're a much better take on RE than the films, that's for sure. I actually kind of like them as he Perry brings some good things to the table.
---
Without judgement what would we do?
#3Reaper115(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2012 2:16:56 PM
such as?
#4Sise_NegPosted 5/23/2012 2:26:47 PM
I've only read the novelization of RE3, and I liked it, because as WJ said he does have a different take on things. For example, he explains Mikhail's bad injury as the result of a failed assassination attempt by Nicholai.
---
Everything begins and ends with Sise-Neg!
#5MakoChanXPosted 5/23/2012 2:30:30 PM
I haven't actually read the novels, but I have read the summaries on the RE wiki.

The wiki also lists all the differences from the novels and games, which is really fun to read!

http://residentevil.wikia.com/Resident_Evil:_The_Umbrella_Conspiracy
---
Watch and you'll see, some day I'll be, part of your world.
#6chanjkhPosted 5/23/2012 2:33:40 PM
Basically the author tries to follow the game but adds her own twists and subplots to them.

Also she's just as out of the loop when it comes to upcoming games as anyone else. As a result newer releases at the time (e.g. RE3, RE Zero) tend to contradict her older books. She does stick a disclaimer saying her novels are non-canon in her newer books though.
---
It's the killer!
Do not die!
#7Sise_NegPosted 5/23/2012 2:35:19 PM
I'd rather have Perry's interpretation of Resident Evil for the movies instead of the crap we got now with Anderson and Jovovich.
---
Everything begins and ends with Sise-Neg!