I don't get Capcom. I really don't. COMPLETE GLOBAL RANT-IFICATION

#1Chr0noidPosted 5/24/2012 1:27:40 PM
I've seen the vids of Resident Evil 6. My reaction during the entire preview was somewhere between rage and unmitigated disgust. I think I made the exact same face when I came across a homeless man self-fornicating in a dark alley last year. I then saw the screens and trailers for Resident Evil Revelations and my pants got a little tighter. It looked like a Resident Evil I finally wanted to play! Then I saw this:

Coming exclusively to the 3DS

And then I basically went flaccid and began drinking like there was no tomorrow. Why do developers keep doing this **** to me? I don't like handhelds. I never DID like handhelds and there will never be a time I don't find handhelds to be anything more than a way to kill time onboard an airplane. That's just the way I feel about it. It's almost like Capcom is trying to troll me here. They release the games I want to play on handhelds I don't want to spend money on, and then wonder why survival horror is "too niche" for mainstream consoles or some other stupid **** like that.

If nothing else, why can't they be consistent? If you're going to make the majority of games in a series on Console A, don't ****ing pull a 180 and then release the next sequel on Handheld B. "We released it on a platform the original fanbase doesn't care about, why did it sell bad??? HURR DURRRRRRRRRRR."

I basically have no hopes for Resident Evil 6. I about flew into a psychotic rage after I saw chest high walls and Chris taking cover behind them. If all of you out there reading this end up enjoying the game, more power to you. But goddamnit Capcom is making it hard not to just quit this franchise forever. I'm talkin, dropping it like a bad habit.
---
Whoever wrote that is an idiot. Or is paid off. -Abraham Lincoln after reading Game Informer's review of Mass Effect 3.
#2randyc80Posted 5/24/2012 1:31:02 PM
Well clearly this was all a misunderstanding....Capcom and the RE development team base all of their decisions on your personal preferences, so I am sure that they will change everything once they find out that you are unhappy.
#3MadigariPosted 5/24/2012 1:32:41 PM
But, please, tell us how you really feel. Also:

randyc80 posted...
Well clearly this was all a misunderstanding....Capcom and the RE development team base all of their decisions on your personal preferences, so I am sure that they will change everything once they find out that you are unhappy.

Well played.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#4Chr0noid(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2012 1:34:08 PM
randyc80 posted...

Yeah but...you're operating under the assumption I'm the only being on the planet who holds this opinion.
---
Whoever wrote that is an idiot. Or is paid off. -Abraham Lincoln after reading Game Informer's review of Mass Effect 3.
#5MadigariPosted 5/24/2012 1:51:26 PM(edited)
Fo_Fai posted...
Yeah but...you're operating under the assumption I'm the only being on the planet who holds this opinion.

If you want to talk turkey, let's do it. Revelations sold more than 3D Mercenaries, the previous high seller in the franchise for handheld platforms. Ultimately, it will not see the sales figures the consoles see as they are more widely used; however, for a handheld game, it did alright.

Depending on how much they use what happened in the game going forward, story-wise, it may wind up being a steady seller among fans who get over their butthurt. (But, after being on these forums for a length of time, it's not something I'd bet money on. Just saying.)

EDIT: Also, there's a slight possibility it could get ported as 3D television becomes more commonplace (since Capcom prefers to port with minimal work involved). But this depends on how tight Nintendo wants to hold on to its license.
---
#6Sise_NegPosted 5/24/2012 1:45:46 PM
Handhelds stopped being fun after gameboy color.
---
Everything begins and ends with Sise-Neg!
#7N00B2000Posted 5/24/2012 2:55:11 PM
Fo_Fai posted...
randyc80 posted...

You aren't the only one, no. But you are part of a small minority of RE fans. Capcom's goal nay, the goal of all companies, are to make money. Not make a game they know won't sell well just to appease a minority of the fanbase. Resident Evil 4, 5, and Revelations all sold well because they appealed to a large group of people whether they be Horror fans, shooter fans, etc. A lot of people could find something they really enjoyed in each game.

Honestly, please just stop playing. You and others who share your views will do nothing but aggravate people who actually are looking forward to this game.
#8Chr0noid(Topic Creator)Posted 5/27/2012 7:11:17 PM
N00B2000 posted...
Fo_Fai posted...
randyc80 posted...

You aren't the only one, no. But you are part of a small minority of RE fans. Capcom's goal nay, the goal of all companies, are to make money. Not make a game they know won't sell well just to appease a minority of the fanbase. Resident Evil 4, 5, and Revelations all sold well because they appealed to a large group of people whether they be Horror fans, shooter fans, etc. A lot of people could find something they really enjoyed in each game.

Honestly, please just stop playing. You and others who share your views will do nothing but aggravate people who actually are looking forward to this game.

I was almost about to say fair enough. Almost. Then you had to go and post the last two sentences. I would really like to ask how you think people like me are in the minority. Where did you pull this "fact" from? I bet you're the same person who thinks the controls and gameplay in the original Resident Evil games were AWFUL.

Have fun selling out your soul for money, because that's obviously the only thing you care about.
---
#9MadigariPosted 5/27/2012 7:52:55 PM(edited)
Fo_Fai posted...
Have fun selling out your soul for money, because that's obviously the only thing you care about.

If he doesn't actually see any of the money you're talking about, how is that in any way relevant to him personally? He's simply stating a fact of business.

EDIT: Even further, if money was Capcom's motivation, why would they release it on the 3DS? Granted, it made decent sales for a handheld game, but there's no denying it would have sold more copies on a console. They probably just wanted to play around with the 3D capabilities of the 3DS or something.
---
#10largerockPosted 5/27/2012 10:13:30 PM
then wonder why survival horror is "too niche" for mainstream consoles or some other stupid **** like that.

Its all because of dem 12 year old, COD loving, ignorant, microsoft prostitutes.
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.