Which RE main character has been through the worst, iyo?

#1Sise_NegPosted 5/25/2012 12:21:14 PM
Between Jill, Claire, Chris, and Leon, who has so far had to deal with the worst in terms of trying to survive? Who had the greatest obstacles to overcome and had to deal with the most torment?
---
Everything begins and ends with Sise-Neg!
#2SSJ2_WookiePosted 5/25/2012 12:44:48 PM
I think Jill, the unexpected events at mansion, Nemesis tormenting her, and captured and controlled by Wesker...a lot of stuff to overcome

And if you include 6, Chris and Leon would tie in my opinion
#3LeonSK357Posted 5/25/2012 12:53:05 PM
Jill has had it pretty rough, just like the poster above said. Chris also hasn't had it easy though. Having to see his friends die on several occasions isn't really something you get past easily. Leon's only emotional torment seems to be Ada's death, but we all know how that turned out. Claire had to deal with her brother's loss and then Steve's death, but at least Chris came back! Of course, there's the part about having to deal with the fact that you're in a zombie outbreak and you're killing something that used to be humans because they're trying to turn you into dinner.

Over all I'd say Chris and Jill have had it the worst.
---
---I got a dig bick-------- You that read wrong-------- You read that wrong too---
#4pencruPosted 5/25/2012 3:27:07 PM
I agree when they say Jill's had it the worst. She's been presumed dead and experimented on, and she had to fight her way out of a whole city by herself (mostly) while being hunted down by a hulking rocket launcher-wielding BOW.

Yep, I say she's seen better days.
#5PaladinCecilPosted 5/25/2012 3:33:50 PM(edited)
Jill without question, though when women suffer in the series since RE4, Capcom only uses it to make male characters look better. In this new iteration of the series, if the actual victim is female, what she says and thinks about her own suffering isn't worth the time of day.

Chris agonized for years over Jill's "death," then later anger at seeing her manipulated, holds more weight according to new Resident Evil than the suffering Jill actually endured that caused those reactions for Chris.
---
"Without me along, who will heal you when you're hurt?" - Rosa Farrell, Final Fantasy IV
#6TurduckenPosted 5/25/2012 3:36:43 PM
Easily Jill, no question. Lost most of her friends in Arklay, watched Brad--one of her last surviving friends--get killed right in front of her, got Nemmy'd, and of course was Wesker's puppet for all that time, and god knows what that freak had her do. And she was still aware the entire time, but unable to control her body. It'd be like being a paraplegic, I think, that also can't talk or so much as blink under your own power.

It's a wonder she's not completely insane. In fact, she bounced back from that incredible trauma almost instantly. Thanks, lousy Capcom writing!
---
THE FIGHT WILL CONTINUE, AS LONG AS THE AMERICA INSIDE MY HEART IS STILL ALIVE
#7dropzone20Posted 5/25/2012 9:13:49 PM
I agree totally. Jill being a puppet is the worst. You guys remember how much fun Wesker had when he was grinding his foot into Claire's shoulder in Code Veronica? The guy was laughing while Claire was groaning...Wesker is clearly a sadist.

In RE5, it took all of Jill's willpower just to rip her suit open to show Chris the device. I could see Wesker puting the device on max just to hear her scream for hours.

Yeah, surpised Jill wasn't a sobbing mess when she recovered. She should've spent the rest of RE5 hunting down Wesker by herself. I at least expected to see her as an NPC during the last boss fight. Wishful thinking.
#8ElusionM_08Posted 5/25/2012 9:48:18 PM
It's a tough one between Chris and Jill; but I think in the overall, in the long term Chris has been through worse if we factor in all physical, emotional and mental wellbeings of the two:

Chris:

-(not sure if confirmed by Capcom) Chris lost his parents as a young child in a car crash
-had to stand up against evil orders in the United States Air Force , which had him discharged
-during the Mansion incident, lost many friends, including old buddy Forest Speyer
-almost lost his sister
-gained Wesker as a rival, caused trouble physically, and mentally for more than a decade
-lost Jill
-RBCU team killed
-"grieved" of Jill for quite a while, then tripled his efforts as an anti-bioterrorism soldier to eradicate all BOWs off the face of the Earth in response to Jill's "death" ; i.e. sacrificed any and all social life he had remaining
-BSAA team in RE5 murdered
-found Jill only to see her play puppet to Wesker's will
-witnessed his BSAA team being decimated in front of his eyes in Serbia 2012/2013
-apparently holds himself responsible for the deaths of "hundreds of thousands" of civilians in Serbia who were killed because Ada/Alex used the C-Virus on them as experiment (gigantic psychological and mental stress)
-he apparently also suffers another major loss in China according to a gaming press who talked with Capcom (the scans were flying around a few weeks ago)

Jill:

-lost friends in the Mansion Incident
-Nemesis . Especially when he finally gets her at the church
-lost Brad in front of her eyes
-lost partners in the RBCU; Russia chapter
-being under Wesker's custody
-the experiments Wesker conducted on her
-being aware of attacking Chris but not able to do anything about it

Add anything I might have missed. I think because Chris got more spotlight in the series than her, he got to face and be thrown in more **** overall.

The Nemesis/Wesker attacks on Jill are a huge part on her though; but overall I think Chris might have had it worse especially due to his nature of wanting to protect everyone which is impossible and nature wins against wishful thoughts.
---
ElusionM: Resident Evil classics never gave me any input delay
squiggy9996999: you act like you never opened a door, jumped down a ledge or climbed a ladder
#9ElusionM_08Posted 5/25/2012 9:55:24 PM
dropzone20 posted...
I agree totally. Jill being a puppet is the worst. You guys remember how much fun Wesker had when he was grinding his foot into Claire's shoulder in Code Veronica? The guy was laughing while Claire was groaning...Wesker is clearly a sadist.

In RE5, it took all of Jill's willpower just to rip her suit open to show Chris the device. I could see Wesker puting the device on max just to hear her scream for hours.

Yeah, surpised Jill wasn't a sobbing mess when she recovered. She should've spent the rest of RE5 hunting down Wesker by herself. I at least expected to see her as an NPC during the last boss fight. Wishful thinking.

Good point in the bold; and seriously, I had expected Chris and Jill to "finish off" Wesker; would've fit much, much better. In fact, that would have been THE ONLY WAY THAT WOULD HAVE FIT.
---
ElusionM: Resident Evil classics never gave me any input delay
squiggy9996999: you act like you never opened a door, jumped down a ledge or climbed a ladder
#10InfectedgloryPosted 5/27/2012 12:05:04 PM
How hasn't anyone brought up Revelations?