They need to keep the character designs consistent.

#1BaseChouGokuPosted 5/27/2012 10:14:03 PM
Changing them around all the time breaks that familiarity. Chris and Leon and Jill dont look anything like they did before. Maybe Capcom didnt renew the actor's licenses that were modeled after them but so what. They should have.
#2GoldsicklePosted 5/27/2012 10:27:00 PM
Don't people normally change their appearance overtime?

I think having significant change is somewhat natural.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#3ElusionM_08Posted 5/27/2012 10:39:20 PM(edited)
Chris looks pretty consistent in his games, RE1-CVX (REmake was just a hairdo); and CVX-RE5 is a decade difference basically so that's also understandable. RE5-6 he looks a little older, but I think his face looks "stressed and older" because of the whole ***** thing, the comrades and civilians dying, etc.

Leon got changed a bit too much, especially RE4 to Degeneration where he apparently got plastic surgery to look Japanese and then again to look like Dante/Kevin mixture in RE6.

Jill, LOL, I won't even delve on that.

Edit: Leon's RE6 new looks are great though (at least the part in USA anyways, in China he looks ok because I think he gets a haircut between the two scenarios). But RE4 was eh, and Degen Leon made me cringe. Glad they made Leon more serious at last.
---
ElusionM: Resident Evil classics never gave me any input delay
squiggy9996999: you act like you never opened a door, jumped down a ledge or climbed a ladder
#4Wiiplayer111Posted 5/27/2012 11:12:02 PM
Chris is the most natural person they have.

Jill gets surgery every game.

Leon has looked the same in the games until now, he looks older. In the movies he looks like a teenager, small and skinny.
---
I don't just give you my two cents, I whip a roll of quarters at your head.
A mod couldn't disprove my logic, so he removed the dispute button.
#5Coconut_LubePosted 5/28/2012 3:02:35 AM
Chris looks like every typical WRPG protagonist, except he doesn't have a shaved/buzzed head.
---
I'm Regina George.
You're Gretchen Weiners.
#6KneeSlappingtonPosted 5/28/2012 4:11:50 AM
Chris from RE5-6 is like the first time in the series that he's actually maintained the same basic design.
---
Stealing IP addresses since 2011.
#7JunDagekiPosted 5/28/2012 6:58:50 AM
Leon is always fine as long he keeps that hair and slim body, the only thing that changed was his face because it has aged.

Chris has changed but for good, he still has that short hair and always gave that army vibe, he got a beard but that beard looks like the type where he simply haven't shaved, sounds like he is depressed which is what he seems to be in RE6. that is fine.

Now Jill even tho she is my favorite RE character, ill admit that she keeps changing design inconsistently for the worse. Hairstyle and hair color changes, faces changes, style of clothing design also keeps changing, it's like having a new character with the Jill name.
and before someone comes with the "Women irl usually dyes their hair blah blah'
This isn't real life, this ia a fictional character, and a character are supposed to keep a consistent design to become iconic or identifiable, at least something should be enough.
---
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
#8Hewie3Posted 5/28/2012 8:15:44 AM
Claire has been the same the whole time. The only thing about her that drives me insane is that her hair color changes shades all over.

RE2-Brown
RECVX- Brown in game, Red in cutscenes
REDEGEN- ******* hot pink or something
REM3D- Mainly brown
REDC- Completely Brown in cutscenes, tinted red in gameplay

Why is it so hard to keep a red-brown color and tint the entire time?
#9MakoChanXPosted 5/28/2012 9:55:12 AM
Hewie3 posted...
Claire has been the same the whole time. The only thing about her that drives me insane is that her hair color changes shades all over.

RE2-Brown
RECVX- Brown in game, Red in cutscenes
REDEGEN- ******* hot pink or something
REM3D- Mainly brown
REDC- Completely Brown in cutscenes, tinted red in gameplay

Why is it so hard to keep a red-brown color and tint the entire time?

Some girls like hair dye ;)
---
Watch and you'll see, some day I'll be, part of your world.
#10RagirothPosted 5/29/2012 8:36:53 AM
Eh, Leon has always had the straight hair. That's his main feature. I think he looks more different in this, because he's getting older and because it's the most hi res game he's in so far.

Chris has always had the short black hair. He's pretty always worn green. As for his body structure well uhhhhhh yeah lol.

Jill.......ok ya got me there haha.

Claire has always looked the same. But she's been in less games, or at least lesser HD games.
---
http://z8.invisionfree.com/Final_Chase_Zone/index.php?
PSN-Ragiroth