I hate Resident Evil

#1Cloud576Posted 5/28/2012 9:05:56 AM
If they had been able to call it Biohazard people wouldn't be confused into thinking it's a series about Zombies. It's a series about Biological weapons, and always has been.

Just thinking about it gets me angry. Because of that we have idiots who are always whining "Where are teh zombies?" "Me wants zombies!" "Why are zombies shooting guns?"

THEY ARE NOT ZOMBIES! THEY HAVE NEVER BEEN ZOMBIES! THEY ARE BIOLOGICAL WEAPONS! GET THAT THROUGH YOUR TINY BRAINS AND STOP YOUR ETERNAL B****ING.
---
"I wear a stetson now. Stetson's are cool."
#2Doober2Posted 5/28/2012 9:14:53 AM
Uh no....

The name has nothing to do with Zombies either way.

The earlier games had zombies and people want them back. Got nothing to do with the name whatsoever. They'd still want them back, even if it was called Biohazard outside of Japan.
---
Run, you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!
#3Sir_NuttyPosted 5/28/2012 9:27:29 AM
Technically the puppetmaster like enemies of RE4 and 5 ARE zombies. They just have higher cognitive functioning, and are controlled through a hivemind mentality. It's just a matter of personal preference as to which zombie you like.
#4ShadowlinkexPosted 5/28/2012 9:37:21 AM
Zombies... it's just a general name for that basic "human-figured" enemy from all re's. (zombie, ganado, majini) Or at least the way I see it. And I think either name works; the RE title has grown to be fitting (since years ago of course) but Biohazard would've worked. If it weren't for that stupid band and their *****ing.
---
2012 - Capcom made me a happy Steve.
I owe you one!! - http://tinyurl.com/bsaajeeeeell
#5edward18Posted 5/28/2012 10:12:04 AM
The name change wouldn't stop people from complaining. When they ask for zombies they mean T-virus infectis. And it wouldn't change how irrelevant the Plaga crap is.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#6MakoChanXPosted 5/28/2012 10:16:20 AM
People would complain no matter what they did.

I personally prefer Biohazard to Resident Evil though, it just sounds better.
---
Watch and you'll see, some day I'll be, part of your world.
#7ItsAboutStylePosted 5/28/2012 12:14:20 PM
Zombies or not, Resident Evil is just an awful name for anything.
---
You aren't exactly Mister Current Affairs are you, Tommy? "Mad Fist" went mad, and "The Gun," shot himself.
#8NassaDanePosted 5/28/2012 12:49:30 PM
Resident Evil is one of the best names out there. It isn't generic like Biohazard. Biohazard isn't bad but doesn't have that special touch RE has.

Like everyone said, the name wouldn't stop anyone from complaining. I don't see how "Resident Evil" = Zombies either.

Aren't you just complaining about complaining?
---
"Ignorance is Bliss"
#9edward18Posted 5/28/2012 12:52:13 PM
Biohazard is way better of a name.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#10ItsAboutStylePosted 5/28/2012 12:56:38 PM
edward18 posted...
Biohazard is way better of a name.

---
You aren't exactly Mister Current Affairs are you, Tommy? "Mad Fist" went mad, and "The Gun," shot himself.