Email from Sally Cahill (Voice of Ada Wong)

#1MakoChanXPosted 6/4/2012 4:42:26 AM
Have emailed Sally a few times now actually, she is SO lovely and always responds to your emails, but I never actually thought to ask about Ada before now. Derp.

She is also an artist (and I'm currently studying art) so the topic is usually regarding her art, but I also managed to ask a cheeky Ada question, which was,

"will be reprising your role as Ada in the upcoming Resident Evil 6 game later this year?"

which she replied with,

"Dear Carly...thanks for your kind words..as for Ada//i go in and record..then its all a mystery as to what they do with it , how they edit it and how many games they devise with the work..it could be me.but i usually never know until its released..take care and much luck in your art classes! sally"

I don't really know what to make of it?.... as it sounds like she hasn't been in the recording studio for some time, BUT the voice work for 6 will have been completed some time ago as the game is near completion so that could be it.
She may have just worded it that way to avoid the direct question also, as she may not be aloud to reveal anything yet.
I really hope she is Ada, the "woman" we SEE in the trailer definitely isn't Sally, as I can spot her voice from a mile, it's very unique. However the voice at the start of the captivate trailer speaking to the unknown male, that says "more games?" sounds A LOT like Sally.
Only time will tell I guess, looking forward to it. :)
---
Watch and you'll see, some day I'll be, part of your world.
#2vhunter14Posted 6/4/2012 5:06:24 AM
Fantastic to know someone with such a high pay grade can be rather nice.
---
Official Nemesis Of the UMVC3 Board...S.T.A.R.S.
#3MidMorningSolPosted 6/4/2012 2:22:49 PM
vhunter14 posted...
Fantastic to know someone with such a high pay grade can be rather nice.

It's because the apocolypse is near. : p

Ada wasn't voiced by Cahill in RE:ORC but the actress there sounds identical to her. I hope Cahill is reprising the role though but I have a feeling its not her.
#4VolcanoBoulderPosted 6/4/2012 2:27:16 PM(edited)
MidMorningSol posted...
Ada wasn't voiced by Cahill in RE:ORC but the actress there sounds identical to her. I hope Cahill is reprising the role though but I have a feeling its not her.

Sounded like Cahill to me in the previous trailer... not so much in this one.
---
"Leon survived his encounter with the boulder in RE4. He would be against punching the boulder and would rather take it in for questioning." -- kilo47
#5MakoChanX(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2012 7:31:53 AM
VolcanoBoulder posted...
MidMorningSol posted...

Sounded like Cahill to me in the previous trailer... not so much in this one.

Nope that's definitely not Sally. I guess they replaced her. :(

The new VA is pretty good though so not complaining, but Sally will always be my personal favourite.
---
Watch and you'll see, some day I'll be, part of your world.
#6YukitoRamboPosted 6/5/2012 7:52:23 AM(edited)
Cahill's getting old, but I suppose she's one of the two only regulars for RE's VA lineup(the other being, of course, Alyson Court) with only one game so far confirmed lacking her presence, which is Umbrella Chronicles. RE would probably be dead before her anyway, lol.

And I hated her stand-in for Umbrella Chronicles. Maybe it's just the script, but she sounded more... annoying, in a juvenile way. I'm not much of a nostalgic man, but they need someone better than that to replace Cahill. They should have no problem finding that; Paul Mercier's replacement is damn decent.

EDIT: ORC Ada is voiced by a certain Courtenay Taylor. If she resumed the role in RE6, I guess I ain't complaining.

---
"...Winning is of little consequence. What's important is communicating through one's fists."
GFWL tag: DoraemonJerlun
#7sehr0Posted 6/5/2012 7:49:09 AM
send her the trailer link maybe she will find out! , also why its always like this with video games voice acting? everything is so secretive and the actors dont know wtf is going most of the time or its just japanese games lol ?
#8Dicer7Posted 6/5/2012 8:00:52 AM
I believe they replaced her in ORC as well. I don't know if it's the same actress as RE6 but Ada's voice in ORC seemed fine enough to me. It's unfortunate that they changed VA's for her, though. Cahill was one of the few decent voices in the series and it'd be nice to have some level of consistency with RE's voices.
---
PSN/GT: Dicer7
#9xKazeruxPosted 6/5/2012 4:02:35 PM
She may just not be allowed to reveal it yet. I'm friends with Matthew Mercer on facebook, and when I noticed on IMDB that he was credited as Leon, I asked him about it. All he had to say was "I cannot comment, but boy does he sound familiar!"
---
PSN: KazimusPrime
XBL: xKazerux (Gold expired :(..)
#10InfectedgloryPosted 6/5/2012 4:06:31 PM
MakoChanX posted...

She is also an artist (and I'm currently studying art) take care and much luck in your art classes!

As in college or high school? Art in high school isn't something thats very unique...