I can't stand the new orchestral music

#1Rikkus_dadPosted 6/4/2012 4:11:24 PM(edited)
It sounds so ******* out of place in a RE game. It sounds old fashioned, like it was taken straight from and old Star Wars movie. I thought this with the music in RE5 as well, in the battle against Wesker. It isn't because it's orchestral I'm hating on it, I love orchestral music. It's just the composers style doesn't fit IMO. The blaring trumpets sound way to overly dramatic and the woodwind runs just sound out of place in comparison to what's on screen.

I have just watched the Leon gameplay trailer, seriously when he's running for the truck or whatever it was in the streets; the music was just ridiculous. John Williams style of writing is not RE...
---
It's "I couldn't care less" NOT "I could care less"!! Why do 90% of English speakers get this wrong?
#2JunDagekiPosted 6/4/2012 4:22:20 PM
It's too overly dramatic? considering how we are talking about a city of millions of people dying, reviving as living dead people killing each others no matter if it's their own family and surivors are desperately running for their lives in a post apocalyptic scenery, i think it fits perfectly .

Maybe you need to stop watching Star Wars and watch more movies and games because orchestrated music doesn't just comes for futuristic fantasy tale movies. it has always been around for almost everything including horror.
---
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
#3Rikkus_dad(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2012 4:27:40 PM
JunDageki posted...
Maybe you need to stop watching Star Wars and watch more movies and games because orchestrated music doesn't just comes for futuristic fantasy tale movies. it has always been around for almost everything including horror.

I'm well aware of that, but I'm talking about the 'style' of orchestral writing. Not just the fact that it's orchestral...

The orchestral music in a horror movie would have a different taste to orchestral music in a comedy for example. The way it is written in this game sounds like it IS for a futuristic fantasy tale movie.
---
It's "I couldn't care less" NOT "I could care less"!! Why do 90% of English speakers get this wrong?
#4mMarikomPosted 6/4/2012 4:49:36 PM
JunDageki posted...
It's too overly dramatic? considering how we are talking about a city of millions of people dying, reviving as living dead people killing each others no matter if it's their own family and surivors are desperately running for their lives in a post apocalyptic scenery, i think it fits perfectly .

Not like it's millions but you basically described Resident Evil 3 in the first paragraph...also I don't think the outbreak is affecting ALL of China in the trailer

Not knocking the music or your opinion. Just saying
---
PSN: Arent_We_Clever
3DS Friend Code: 2234 8016 4687 Nickname: Mariko
#5JunDagekiPosted 6/4/2012 4:56:34 PM
Eh, idk i think it's fine, not only the things happening that i mentioned makes it dramatic, but also the action involved in the franchise, it makes the theme of the orchestra fit just fine.

While you see an action sequence of competition about and badassery around. while playing this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7JECkVzuq0 won't just fit.

or worse, they could put rock songs to fit the action.

basically all im saying is that it fits well but the reason to blame is the action brought to the genre.
---
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.