Ugh... Swimming is Back...

#1Mister_ZurkonPosted 6/4/2012 11:54:27 PM
Seriously... Out of all the things to bring back from revelations... It's not Parker or the lack of QTE's...

But Swimming?
---
I prefer Genaro's. But what do I know? I'm a bear. I suck the heads off fish! - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
#2ReceiverxWisdomPosted 6/4/2012 11:56:41 PM
Damn...was it that bad in revelations ?

I never played that one.
---
"Deathbed, redruM. I like to kill and have some fun."
PSN: LatinChris_9990 / state you're a Gf's user before sending requests.
#3Mister_Zurkon(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2012 11:59:30 PM
It wasn't bad, It just wasn't good either.

It was more tedious, time consuming barriers in a already fairly padded out game.

And it was only really scary in the very last stage, it was just frustrating the rest of the time.
---
I prefer Genaro's. But what do I know? I'm a bear. I suck the heads off fish! - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
#4VolcanoBoulderPosted 6/5/2012 12:04:04 AM
Why, in 2012, do devs continue to insist on putting swimming levels in games? They're always terrible, without fail.
---
"Leon survived his encounter with the boulder in RE4. He would be against punching the boulder and would rather take it in for questioning." -- kilo47
#5Mister_Zurkon(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2012 12:04:43 AM
VolcanoBoulder posted...
Why, in 2012, do devs continue to insist on putting swimming levels in games? They're always terrible, without fail.

Treasures of the Deep was the only good swimming game. Ever!
---
#6ReceiverxWisdomPosted 6/5/2012 12:10:52 AM
Dino Crisis 2 had a OKAY swimming moment...but for a first timer, it got on my nerves royally everytime I missed the goddamn jumps >.<

Most of them just scared me as a kid, I remember chemical plant zone on Sonic 2...when that drowning music came up I literally turned the game off in fear...now that I think about it I f**king laugh at myself about it. If they can invoke good fear with good controls underwater I would love it.

And so what your saying is it was 'mediocre' at best, Zurkon?
---
#7Mister_Zurkon(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2012 12:13:15 AM
Revelations was great, 20,000 leagues ahead of 5...

But the swimming was the low point, by far.
---
#8ReceiverxWisdomPosted 6/5/2012 12:25:04 AM
I dunno....I never knew why swimming was added in the first place. Probably to create more dread of being attacked from anywhere in a unknown depth however it wasn't really underwater sections in the old games. If done better than revelations it could be great but I hold major doubt if that was truly a low point of a past game. Capcom seems to have a sluggish time expanding on things :/
---
#9Mister_Zurkon(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2012 12:26:05 AM
I think it was because they were on a boat, and knew it would sink at one point...

That still doesn't explain why Leon is swimming in a body pit in China.
---
#10CTU_007Posted 6/5/2012 12:31:04 AM
Classic Tomb Raiders had good swimming